Couldn’t have picked a happier arrest picture lol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston

fordw60s

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Lufkin, TX
    But Texas doesn’t have income tax right?
    Is that the offset?
    Yes that is the offset. property taxes are higher here to make up the difference for no income tax and some sales tax. my property taxes in Colfax for 2.5 acres and a 1300 sq ft house were about $700 a year. Now I'm in Texas between Lufkin and Beaumont my taxes are $1,000 for 1.5 acres and 1200 sq ft. But the best explanation I have gotten here is that for Texas the more you own or the nicer things you want you pay for it. live a simpler life and it doesn't cost as much.

Tax offices were interesting when I used to go to all of them to look for land owners and how much every single one of the offices always said they were the poorest of the state and couldn't afford anything. Worst ones to go to were LaFouche, St. Tammany and Caddo parishes at the time.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    This is a great example of why government is so corrupt. This guy did this, risked his freedom, to save what...$1000yr? He had a great job with awesome benefits, and he still did that.

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA
    Yes that is the offset. property taxes are higher here to make up the difference for no income tax and some sales tax. my property taxes in Colfax for 2.5 acres and a 1300 sq ft house were about $700 a year. Now I'm in Texas between Lufkin and Beaumont my taxes are $1,000 for 1.5 acres and 1200 sq ft. But the best explanation I have gotten here is that for Texas the more you own or the nicer things you want you pay for it. live a simpler life and it doesn't cost as much.

Tax offices were interesting when I used to go to all of them to look for land owners and how much every single one of the offices always said they were the poorest of the state and couldn't afford anything. Worst ones to go to were LaFouche, St. Tammany and Caddo parishes at the time.
    4K for a house in ascension parish on a subdivision lot.

Ascension parish has extreme property taxes.

Attachments

• IMG_5612.png
      IMG_5612.png
      248.4 KB · Views: 24

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    Property tax is the ultimate tax. Basically it means that you cannot own anything more than you can carry around on your person. That makes everything else the property of the gov't.

Don't pay your property taxes, the local peeps take your property and your contents... No questions asked. So if you have stuff and want to put it somewhere, you will be paying property tax. One way or another. Rent a house, your rent goes toward the landlord paying the property tax.

Top Bottom