COVID VAX

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    The average person has no idea what HIPAA actually covers . Their perception usually comes from something they read on Facebook .

Exactly, I’ve ran into a lot of businesses using it to try and guard information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Heck I’ll admit being in error then. And I used to have to deal with it regularly in the course of death investigations. However I still don’t see what right it is of anyone to disclose or inquire about a private person’s healthcare status as a means of discriminating (eg deciding) whether or not to provide services to them. We’ve determined socially that it’s unacceptable for a bakery to refuse service to people with a higher statistical probability for certain communicable diseases than other people, so why do we find it acceptable to determine a person’s vaccination status? What about someone who’s immune compromised (ie transplant recipient, hiv patient, etc) and cannot take the vax? What about people with severe asthma who can’t wear a mask but choose to not live like hermits anyway? Would it make sense to allow people to individually assume risk and either vax or not based on their own research (however extensive or sparse)?

Again, not vilifying either side. Just trying to present points for debate.

I still don’t see how it’s any person or entity’s business what someone does within legal bounds and why discrimination based on medical grounds is ok, but clearly we’ve socially defined that any discrimination is wrong and unacceptable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Clearly we've socially defined that any discrimination is wrong and acceptable"
    Yes but it depends which side your veiws are associated with!

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Well I’m going off the four-year-old basic understanding of the golden rule: do unto others as you’d want done to you.

We all notice how it’s NOT ok to discriminate against anyone “some people” deem a protected class, but it’s perfectly ok to blatantly discriminate against those not in a protected class. We live in animal house: all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The vaccine reduces likelihood of death
    The vaccine reduces the time where the infected can transmittal the virus by around 10 days

Those two things reduce the load on society (economically and health resources) so we can better get along with life.

I think getting vaccinated is really caring for your country.

I agree, can’t tell you how many vaccines I had to take while in the Marines. For me, this was just one more.
    Now that I am out, reporting to the VA Hospital was the least I could do. I am convinced that this was a biological attack from China I intend to live to see the CCP regret it.

DaggerBlade

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 26, 2015
    Baton Rouge LA
    On July 16, 2021 the CDC director revealed that 99.5% of recent U.S. deaths from COVID-19 were unvaccinated people. In early July Fauci said that 99.2% of people who died were unvaccinated. In Maryland every patient who died from COVID-19
    in June was unvaccinated. In July the CDC director also said 97% of current COVID-19 hospitalizations are of unvaccinated people. The Associated Press found that 98.9% of all hospitalized COVID-19 patients in May were unvaccinated.
    The director of the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services stated that all new hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Los Angeles were unvaccinated. This would certainly substantiate that the vaccine does indeed do an excellent job of
    preventing individuals from getting COVID-19 and dying from Covid-19.

Last edited:

davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The vaccine reduces likelihood of death
    The vaccine reduces the time where the infected can transmittal the virus by around 10 days

Those two things reduce the load on society (economically and health resources) so we can better get along with life.

I think getting vaccinated is really caring for your country.

The most recent information I have read, from credible resources, leads me to believe that it is likely that most everyone in this country will be exposed to, or infected with, the virus before this is over. It also leads me to believe that getting the vaccine before getting exposed leads to the overall best outcome. On average of course.

That's just my take. YMMV. Bad things can happen no matter what you do. I try to go with the odds. And science when possible, though cutting through the surrounding BS/politics these days is hard.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    The most recent information I have read, from credible resources, leads me to believe that it is likely that most everyone in this country will be exposed to, or infected with, the virus before this is over. It also leads me to believe that getting the vaccine before getting exposed leads to the overall best outcome. On average of course.

That's just my take. YMMV. Bad things can happen no matter what you do. I try to go with the odds. And science when possible, though cutting through the surrounding BS/politics these days is hard.

I agree! The virus is much more dangerous any of the vaccines. Several members of one of my clubs went to a convention 2 weeks ago. I did not go due to the spread of the Delta variant. Six of the people who went got sick. All six of them had the Johnson and Johnson vaccine. None of them had to go to the hospital, so it looks like even the Johnson and Johnson vaccine has saved the lives of my friends. On a side note, my friends who went, who got the Pfizer, did not get infected.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Nationwide, an average of over 263 children a day are being hospitalized for Covid(Los Angeles Times.) There is no doubt that these children are catching it from unvaccinated adults. I wonder how many of these unvaccinated adults are running around telling vaccinated adults that there’s nothing to worry about if you are vaccinated?

Out of 50 million school age children, there have been 4 million positive Covid tests(CDC.) Many Children’s Hospitals and pediatric wards are full and new patients only admitted after children die. Many hospitals are having to convert adult beds to pediatric. Children’s Hospital in New Orleans is reporting a 25% positivity rate!

A vaccine that is safe for children is not ready yet. Until then, adult vaccination can help to protect children. Or do we only care about protecting the unborn(Abortion)?

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    It’s good click bait! He seems to contradict himself with the source material itself. The former New York Times reporter is a writer who is constantly churning out books, so he is promoting himself here in order to sell books. If you like his writing, then be sure to buy his books!
    So are you Trying to say that *15 days to stop the spread* and that the vaccines are to prevent infection lies were never told and that It was a figment of my imagination? And that these news articles were never printed in the newspapers mentioned?

Our leaders have been moving goalposts since day one with this virus. Everyone in this thread keeps saying how the *vaccine* doesn’t prevent infection but only lessens symptoms as if that has been the case all along. It hasn’t.

Last edited:

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    So are you Trying to say that *15 days to stop the spread* and that the vaccines are to prevent infection lies were never told and that It was a figment of my imagination? And that these news articles were never printed in the newspapers mentioned?

Our leaders have been moving goalposts since day one with this virus. Everyone in this thread keeps saying how the *vaccine* doesn’t prevent infection but only lessens symptoms as if that has been the case all along. It hasn’t.

Sir, I don't like our leaders either (State or Nation). But this virus and what we know about it has been changing since day one, and they are doing what they think is best to slow the spread of infection. I agree that the way they disseminate information could be better. And, they should probably wait a little longer to know more about what they are talking about before pushing it out to the press.

However, the above fact doesn't mean the most recent data is a lie or some grand conspiracy to get you under control of a democratic politician. Or maybe it is, because I'm vaccinated I'm just friendlier to Joe, Kamala, and John. I can tell you which sounds more ridiculous but I don't want to infringe on your freedom to do so.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

As usual, you misinterpreted what I said. You seemed to understand everything I sad about Constitutional Carry though.
    There is new information from research every day. In order for you or any journalist author to call it a bunch of lies to be true, then Covid-19 would have had to be in existence for much longer than we know of and the government knew all about it.

Perhaps you are right sir! Our government just may have had previous knowledge of the Covid-19 biological weapon that was being developed and researched at the Wuhan Biological Weapons Lab. Hmmmm! Thank you for helping to convince me that this really was a CCP Biological attack!
    That would also help to explain the quick vaccine, since secret research must have already been underway. That would also explain why Trump was anticipating a vaccine before the election.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    none of these people wearing a mask... Im sure 99.9% of them have gotten the shot... maybe not the covid-19 shot but they look ok... wonder if there way of life builds up an immunity...

all kidding aside, very sad that this is real life in america...

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Nationwide, an average of over 263 children a day are being hospitalized for Covid(Los Angeles Times.) There is no doubt that these children are catching it from unvaccinated adults. I wonder how many of these unvaccinated adults are running around telling vaccinated adults that there’s nothing to worry about if you are vaccinated?

Out of 50 million school age children, there have been 4 million positive Covid tests(CDC.) Many Children’s Hospitals and pediatric wards are full and new patients only admitted after children die. Many hospitals are having to convert adult beds to pediatric. Children’s Hospital in New Orleans is reporting a 25% positivity rate!

A vaccine that is safe for children is not ready yet. Until then, adult vaccination can help to protect children. Or do we only care about protecting the unborn(Abortion)?

Good stuff, maybe you should be down at the Mexico border trying to convince Joe and the Ho of this!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Whatever your thoughts on the vaccine are, there is a stat that is irrefutable (unless they are lying). This is just Louisiana BTW.

Those not fully vaccinated account for...
    90% of cases from 7/29 to 8/4
    83% of deaths from 7/29 to 8/4
    90% of current COVID hospitalizations

The issue is not freedom of choice! The issue is, the numbers above. People are "choosing" not to get vaccinated, but are taking up hospital beds and staff when they become ill from this.

If these numbers are correct, then these people should be the last people to get hospital treatment. What happens when a non-believer faces peril? They pray to a God they don't believe in in the first place to save them.

This is the same thing essentially. If you "choose" not to get vaccinated, I support your choice. But choose not to be admitted to a hospital if you start to get gravely ill from the virus as well.

There are still folks out there that have conditions outside of the virus, and emergencies that arise; that (if they are vaccinated), should get priority!

I blame the hospitals themselves for this. If you are being overwhelmed by un-vaccinated Covid patients, don't keep crying on the news about it, start kicking these people to the curb; and lesson your load to normal capacities!

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    Whatever your thoughts on the vaccine are, there is a stat that is irrefutable (unless they are lying). This is just Louisiana BTW.

The issue is not freedom of choice! The issue is, the numbers above. People are "choosing" not to get vaccinated, but are taking up hospital beds and staff when they become ill from this.

If these numbers are correct, then these people should be the last people to get hospital treatment. What happens when a non-believer faces peril? They pray to a God they don't believe in in the first place to save them.

This is the same thing essentially. If you "choose" not to get vaccinated, I support your choice. But choose not to be admitted to a hospital if you start to get gravely ill from the virus as well.

There are still folks out there that have conditions outside of the virus, and emergencies that arise; that (if they are vaccinated), should get priority!

I blame the hospitals themselves for this. If you are being overwhelmed by un-vaccinated Covid patients, don't keep crying on the news about it, start kicking these people to the curb; and lesson your load to normal capacities!

WOW! It's amazing what this is doing to people. I surely hope that you are never denied medical treatment for any reason.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA

So wait… with that mentality, only those who take precautions for any illness that may require hospitalization should be first in line?

I pay for my medical insurance the same as anyone else. If I’m PAYING to take up that bed, then I have EVERY DAMN RIGHT TO DO SO! I’m PAYING FOR THE CARE! This isn’t state funded care! Or wait, let’s split it up… so you’re saying those who are on Medicare or Medicaid should be the last to be seen?

So now it’s we should get the vaccine because we’re making the hospital staff work??? Seriously???? Isn’t the hospital there for a reason???? They are a business… there there to turn a profit! You think it’s about helping people? Lol. Let’s evaluate each patient and if they didn’t do everything possible to better themselves before the called 911 they can just sit?? Lol.

So what next? That’s just straight up idiotic. You want to put discretion on the standard of care you receive? So what if it’s a person with a terminal illness and in pain… so they go to the emergency room… because they’re going to die anyway we “kick them to the curb”???? Why waste the time of the hospital staff because someone who isn’t dying can be seen?

Or a gunshot victim… why bother even TRYING to save them if there more of the possibility they would succumb to their wounds?

Maybe you will show up with some illness and a hospital staff member tells you “sorry that’s now important enough” you’ll have to go somewhere else?

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

So if the issue isn't about freedom, would you support rounding people up and forcing them to get the shot without their informed consent? Most human rights organizations and laws/treaties don't allow for people to be the subject of medical experimentation without their informed consent.

Top Bottom