COVID VAX

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    P
    I recently got the shot and for reasons that I came to by my own influence.
    I'm not one to put much faith in man, although I do pay attention and utilize what's available and try to be a positive contributor towards society.
    In this case where covid is involved, I had to ask myself, " do I want to put a little faith in man and technology now BEFORE I'm in the hospital OR lay it all on the line and have nothing but faith in man and technology AFTER I got it and am laying there all hooked up to machines unable to be by my family.
    That and I feel it's a positive contribution towards society, because if it helps. Why the F not do it.

Yes, it is better to take your chances with a vaccine instead of the virus.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    There is this wonderful thing called research. It is conducted at universities, labs and hospitals all the time. mRNA vaccines have been researched since 1993. The first COVID vaccines were for dogs in 2003(COVID-1). Research is wonderful! It’s how we get new calibers and new guns.

I have participated in various shooting matches from time to time. I have surprised several liberals about how the majority of ammunition is used for competition and recreational shooting. I have even had to explain to the liberals that just because you did not see it on “the news” does not mean that it does not exist or happen.
    Don’t be like those ignorant Liberals!
    In all of the previous researches on vaccines you mentioned they were a group of vaccinated animals/ humans and a non vacinated ( control ) group . When we were at 50% vaccinated they had stopped vaccinated everyone except high risk for 6 months and conducted an honest evaluation of % who tested positive in each group and what % had mild and severe symptoms in each group they could say it was a scientific fact one way or the other . Our government does not need science or facts , they have the media.

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    At my job, only the unvaccinated are catching it. Those of us who are vaccinated there got the Pfizer vaccine.

At my wife's job, both vaccinated and unvaccinated employees have caught the covid. And all of the employees that were vaccinated were given the Pfizer vaccine. Two that were vaccinated and later caught covid even died from the covid. One of my aunts and uncles both caught covid even though they were both vaccinated. My sister caught covid even though she had been vaccinated. Taking the vaccine does not mean you will not get covid and not taking the vaccine does not mean you will get covid.

Last edited:

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR
    At my wife's job, both vaccinated and unvaccinated employees have caught the covid. And all of the employees that were vaccinated were given the Pfizer vaccine. Two that were vaccinated and later caught covid even died from the covid. One of my aunts and uncles both caught covid even though they were both vaccinated. My sister caught covid even though she had been vaccinated. Taking the vaccine does not mean you will not get covid and not taking the vaccine does not mean you will get covid.

Hard to make some understand that, must be the vaccine clouding the brain

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    This current round of mask mandates and entry requirements is entirely the fault of people being too selfish to get a jab.

---

Wrong. This round of COVID is entirely the fault of Joe Biden sending COVID carrying illegal aliens all across America over the past several months. While We the People are being commanded to wear masks, vaccinate, shut up and OBEY, the million illegals who have arrived so far this year are under no such authoritarian orders. They are simply given a court date they will ignore and then flown to all the Red and swing states in masses, spreading the virus all over again.

Get your facts straight and stop blaming the victims sir. Anyone with one eye and half a brain can simply see this happening for themself.

You need to get your head out of culture war space. Really. The increase is NOT due to the border issue. Sure it might contribute, but that's not the major cause. You are just being used as a weapon of the culture war.

A vaccine just preps your body by prompting your body to produce antibodies for fighting infection. They have to make the antibodies specific to infection.

Even then, the virus can still get a foothold in the body. The delta variant is a very prolific version of the virus (replicates rapidly)

Combine that with a body that has problems creating antibodies and/or otherwise fight infection and you can get ill.

Still, the vaccine does give your body a head start making infection easier.

I've had the flu with and without being vaccinated. It goes from being a vegetable that is too miserable to watch TV and sweating your ass off to where it's a minor discomfort where you can read a book.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA

The very few people who died vaccinated mostly turned out to be immunocompromised. Most deaths also involved the vector Johnson and Johnson vaccine which I never had confidence in. Several of my friends who took Johnson and Johnson survived though after catching it at a convention.
    The vaccines overall do increase your chances of survival from the Chinese biological weapon.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    In all of the previous researches on vaccines you mentioned they were a group of vaccinated animals/ humans and a non vacinated ( control ) group . When we were at 50% vaccinated they had stopped vaccinated everyone except high risk for 6 months and conducted an honest evaluation of % who tested positive in each group and what % had mild and severe symptoms in each group they could say it was a scientific fact one way or the other . Our government does not need science or facts , they have the media.

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

That was the Johnson and Johnson vector vaccine. I do not have any confidence in any of the vector vaccines.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Hard to make some understand that, must be the vaccine clouding the brain

I was simply stating a fact. None of the people at my job who got the Pfizer vaccine caught Covid. What I did not say is that group of people are young and very healthy(most production crews are.)
    I did not say that anyone vaccinated is immune.

flyboy

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 18, 2021
    Crowley, Louisiana
    The very few people who died vaccinated mostly turned out to be immunocompromised. Most deaths also involved the vector Johnson and Johnson vaccine which I never had confidence in. Several of my friends who took Johnson and Johnson survived though after catching it at a convention.
    The vaccines overall do increase your chances of survival from the Chinese biological weapon.

No, the employees at my wife's place of employment did not get the johnson and johson vaccine. They got the Pfizer vaccine.

Last edited:

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    I think people "say oh I am waiting for FDA approval" then they feel the vaccines have been studied longer and/or more intensely.

FDA approved the Pfizer vaccine today.

I'll bet a brick of 5.56 that there isn't a single person in here thinking "Oh phew, finally!" that runs out to get one today.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    FDA approved the Pfizer vaccine today.

I'll bet a brick of 5.56 that there isn't a single person in here thinking "Oh phew, finally!" that runs out to get one today.

Don't you realize that the FDA is just another government controlled entity, easily manipulated by the democrats to BULLY us into getting this China Vaccine? WAKE UP SHEEPLE! /s

LS1RX7

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Slidell
    Its just too political. If trump was saying to get it, all the anti-trumpers would not get it. And if everyone (mostly) agrees that the virus was man-made, then it would stand to reason that if we created it we might also have the know-how to fix it, at least somewhat. I got the jab early on because I thought work was going to require it (like they did every other vaccine on earth), and 5ish months later got covid. I was mildly symptomatic for 1 day, literally noticed because my favorite wine tasted off. Meanwhile a close un-stabbed friend of similar age and health has been hospitalized and on a vent for days now. I also have un-jabbed friends that got covid and were over it in a few days with little discomfort. It does seem the vaxxed get less sick though, but I'm totally with anyone that doesn't want to get it. Your body, your choice right? My two cents.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Don't you realize that the FDA is just another government controlled entity, easily manipulated by the democrats to BULLY us into getting this China Vaccine? WAKE UP SHEEPLE! /s

"I'm not letting them inject me with their agenda!"

You know they are going to say that everyone of the FDAs 14,824 employees are part of the same Biden supporting cult that cheated to get Biden elected right?

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    Now that it has FDA approval your employer can now legally force you to get it or don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. Mandatory Vaccines for Employment or Schooling is nothing new.

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

So what you're saying is that vaccines are not magic? I don't think anyone is saying that it is. The intelligent folks are simply stating that having the vaccine greatly increases the chances of not catching and dying from the virus.

We can all quote empirical evidence that contradicts anything. I personally know people who have worn a seatbelt and died in a car crash. I also know folks who have played bumper cars many times while wearing a seatbelt and are still kicking.

Just because I know someone who died in a car crash with a seatbelt on does not mean that seatbelts don't work.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    My neighbors are in the hospital now with it. Both work at EBRSO. Husband is in ICU at OLOL and wife is at Lane getting better. Both have said they will get the shot when the get home and we pray they get home. I was at a funeral Wed. for a friend I was looking at him in the casket and betting he wish he would have gotten the shot

foz1359

Time Traveler
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Jefferson Parish
    So what you're saying is that vaccines are not magic? I don't think anyone is saying that it is. The intelligent folks are simply stating that having the vaccine greatly increases the chances of not catching and dying from the virus.

We can all quote empirical evidence that contradicts anything. I personally know people who have worn a seatbelt and died in a car crash. I also know folks who have played bumper cars many times while wearing a seatbelt and are still kicking.

Just because I know someone who died in a car crash with a seatbelt on does not mean that seatbelts don't work.

The "intelligent folk" keep changing their statement to meet the changing conditions. The getting "back to normalcy" statement has changed to "keep you from getting sick and dying" statement. There will be yet another significant change in statement by year's end. And that seatbelt, bumper car, car crash analogy MUST be directed toward the less intelligent folk. They know they're dumb and you point the finger like that, that's kinda cruel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom