Covington/Mandeville Gun Shop?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Who/where?

Going to be spending time in this area for the next couple of months with some ability to "prowl" around.

Just want to know what's in the area since it didn't appear that there were site sponsors that I could see. NOT interested in the Academy Sports types, just good ole fashioned gunshop, and one where the owner/worker is not a bone. :)

Thanks to any and all who respond.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Arms Merchant is the only "real" gunshop in the Mandeville area. I'm not a huge fan of them, had some bad interactions in the past. One of our members (dragginaknee) works there and supposedly they've improved their service though...

There's several great shops who are also BS sponsors right down the road in Slidell worth checking out.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Arms Merchant is the only "real" gunshop in the Mandeville area. I'm not a huge fan of them, had some bad interactions in the past. One of our members (dragginaknee) works there and supposedly they've improved their service though...

There's several great shops who are also BS sponsors right down the road in Slidell worth checking out.

Thanks Speed.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Before dragginaknee came along, I wouldn't have pissed on arms merchant if they were on fire. That said, dragginaknee seems like a good dude. No doubt he would take care of you. They have plenty of stuff to eyeball and finger-**** if you're just window shopping.

Turpin Tactical is my choice for FFL transfers and new guns. He operates out of his house and will usually have the best prices on both.

Word on the street is they are opening the old Pro-Stop hunting supply in Franklinton again. They use to have a good sized gun counter and a really good selection of hunting stuff. I rarely get up there so I don't know.

Last edited:

biggie1447

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2010
    Slidell
    you may not want to go to academy, but if you go a bit farther into slidell and pearl river there are some good shops, S&S, Slidell Arms, and Weapons Training and Ammo in pear river

aard3

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 28, 2010
    Mandeville, LA
    I only found ARMS Merchant recently, so I can't comment on their past, but I can say that I've purchased a few misc things there and I've been quite pleased with the level of support.

I've purchased a glock from Turpin Tactical @ a gunshow, and I have to give them an A+. Friendly, great service, and good prices!

Aaron

jesse

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2009
    Mandeville
    I've had nothing but good service from Arms Merchant, dragginaknee is knowledgable & helpful, but their prices are Mandeville standard (which means TOO HIGH!!!).

Turpin Ta

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula/Covington
    Thanks for all the kudo's. We dont caryy a running stock, other than glocks. We can order anything though.

Arms Merch has always been cool with us while we were in there, and Kim at Slidell Arms is straight up as well.

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Thanks Gents!

Was basically looking for a spot to gun browse and see what doo dads are available to spend the various idle 30 minutes or so.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jgwick
    Top Bottom