Cox Internet Problems and Fix

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Anyone else having problems with their Cox internet? Seems like the whole country is having problems. Apparently their DNS servers are down.

You can use Google's to get back online. 8.8.8.8 for the first, and 8.8.4.4 for the alternate.

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    I don't know. Mine went down 2 hours ago. 3G was down too. You couldn't call Cox's local or main office. On Twitter, people from all over are reporting the outage there. Who knows.

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    I've been happy with Cox as my ISP. This has been the biggest outage, but in the past 2 or 3 months, I've had a few 15-30 minute outages. Still happy with them though. AT&T was an absolute joke.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Mine went out at 10:17, and I went to the gunroom and watched "The Quiet Earth" for a couple hours and cleaned my AK. I just tried it, and it's back up. This really pisses me off, because I pay for a commercial account, and they lose my signal about every other month.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    We lost Cox at home yesterday morning then after it came up had horrible speed (Speedtest.net gave rates of .75 down and lower) for most of the day. I seem to be ok now but was unaware of any problems being had by anyone else.

sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Speed is in the toilet again. Taking forever to buffer Youtube videos and webpages are hanging up too. Something is happening at Cox and it isn't good.

DAUC

running from safety
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    NOLA
    My Cox goes out pretty regularly, and it did last night too. They have even come to my house and told me that something was not right and told me they had fixed it...

I am a software developer and often work from home and at all hours and it really is a joke sometimes. A few times I have called them, and after the troubleshooting crap, which I have always already done, they "reset" it for me. Usually works after that. Who knows... When I move, I will not be their customer again.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Anyone else having problems with their Cox internet? Seems like the whole country is having problems. Apparently their DNS servers are down.

You can use Google's to get back online. 8.8.8.8 for the first, and 8.8.4.4 for the alternate.

This is great information. Just set Google's DNS servers to mine, and it works fine?

topgunz1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Prairieville
    I wondered what was up... I was watching a netfix movie and it stopped, my wifi did too. I just went to sleep instead and it worked fine when I got up.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    My son has been having fits with COX internet for the past year. He's moving in 2 months so he isn't bothering with changing providers. I can tell you who it isn't going to be at the next house.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom