Coyote

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • petelanca

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Dec 7, 2009
    Grand Lake 70607
    Ok, looking for input on the best budget rig for thinning out over population of coyotes here. I live in the country on a dead end road. I guess I would like to get input on calls, bait, optics, lights, laws. I have 10/22, AR15 other various possible choices. Lots of nights I can sit on my 4 wheeler and hear them but very seldom see. Any time I have seen one, there were atleast three.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I have been hunting Coyote, Bobcat and other predators in Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama for a few years. I have an electronic call, decoy a few mouth calls and have even used attractants like Gut Pile in a bag or even real gut pile.

They have been a lot more fun to hunt because at the time we started my son was not old enough to understand to sit there in the woods deer hunting all morning. There is more action with predator hunting. Working the call, looking around, the quickness of the action....it all helped keep a 5 year old (now 9) happy and wanting to keep hunting.

I usually use either a AR-15, .22mag or a 12 gage shot gun with full choke, depending on the area im hunting.

Top Bottom