Crazy long wait times?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim's Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    Baton rouge, LA
    It seems that industry wide suppressor sales are up 5x-10x over last year so it makes sense wait times will increase accordingly, though certainly not as drastically. Hopefully the ATF trains more NFA examiners to keep the wait times reasonable.

CG&L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Pine Grove, La
    I bought an Omega the first week of January. It just arrived yesterday at Bowie Outfitters. The Class III salesman said the AFT was getting 2,800 Forms per week. Maybe it was 28,000 per week. You can call him up at their Baton Rouge shop. It does indeed look at though wait times are going to go to 1 year.

If you're interested, the Omega does as well with sub-sonics as the SpecWar 7.62 did. The rifle is an SBR AR-15 in 300BLK with 8.5" barrel.
    Supposedly the Omega doesn't do well with the 308WIN and I never tried it with supersonic 300BLK.
    I use the SpecWar 7.62 on my 14.5"bbl AR(pinned and welded comp) and supersonic 300BLK. It works well and doesn't really make the rifle too front heavy.

BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA
    Yeah I ordered an Omega in March and got the same estimate from the place I bought mine from. Im an inpatient person, that year is going to feel like 10.

CG&L

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Pine Grove, La
    There are a few Class III sellers on this site. They could give better wait estimates but it appears a lot of people are jumping on the wagon before everything gets shut down

Does anybody have any experience with the Omega vs a long, heavy can such as the SpecWar 7.62 on a 308WIN?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I could be wrong but I think Landry guns has them in stock I bought 9one from him in April , they are own this forum, very helpful, I was at Jim's the other day and they had the hybrid, don't know if they had the omega

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    I filed two Form 1s in late January and bought a can from Landry's in early February.

I received the tax stamps for the two Forms 1s two or three weeks ago. I called the NFA Branch today to check on the Form 4. They said their turnaround times are running 5 months right now.

But if you are having to add the Form 3 time to that, I can see it reaching 10 and possibly 12 months.

Last edited:

G_S

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2011
    Shreveport
    NFA Tracker, is a good place to track what is going on.
    http://nfatracker.com/

Silencer Shop post this photo to there facebook last week. of all the Forum 4 they have going out

95 pounds.....

image_zpsoebrmx4o.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alwill112
    Top Bottom