Creating and managing a Facebook page.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    carefully. i have a disclaimer on mine for shits n grins....facebook is a joke.

DISCLAIMER:

Upon viewing the information on this social network account you agree that any and all comments, information, pictures, friendships made on this social network account by, about, or directed to "..." are not a true and/or factual representation of the actual person "...".

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    By posting on it as little as possible, and when you do, only post FACTUAL THINGS, ie:

"All roses 50% off until such and such"

Here is a short list of people to Google if you want to know what can go wrong...

Mike Mers
    Mark LaRue
    John Hennessey

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Mark LaRue.... Why does that sound familiar........
    :sarcasm:

However, you make a good point, JWG. The LAST thing we need is tat to happen.

Guess it also requires a thick hide, no?

Last edited:

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    Mark LaRue.... Why does that sound familiar........
    :sarcasm:

However, you make a good point, JWG. The LAST thing we need is tat to happen.

Guess it also requires a thick hide, no?

I am very impressed with how people like Garin Lee of Surefire manage their business online. He ignores inflammatory comments, answers all questions without any negative emotion, or chest-beating either, and refuses to comment on a competitor's product in any way.

NEVER! get into a pissing match of ANY sort. As an individual, do it all you want, but when you represent a company, just don't. Present the facts that apply to YOUR PRODUCT and be done of it.

TDH from Big Boy Armament does a great job of that here. He reads the forum all the time, but you don't see him posting much except "fact".
    (I have "X" for sale at "X" price!) or answering a question posted directly to him.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    For the umpteenth time, Facebook has reported an error, and will not allow the creation of the actual page. We had a profile tha was created in 2009, but after its deletion last night, Facebook just reports said error. Any ideas, gents? :help:

PAGE IS UP!

Last edited:

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Make sure you're the only person to manage the account. I have one that I use for a business and a few others that I manage/contribute to at work.

If you update it on a daily basis, make sure everything is indeed factual. And if you post a coupon, such as a buy one get one offer, make sure the employees know about it or the customer is required to bring in a printed copy of the coupon.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Make sure you're the only person to manage the account. I have one that I use for a business and a few others that I manage/contribute to at work.

If you update it on a daily basis, make sure everything is indeed factual. And if you post a coupon, such as a buy one get one offer, make sure the employees know about it or the customer is required to bring in a printed copy of the coupon.

Thanks! I am the sole admin, and the buck stops with me, so to speak.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    If it's a business page, and you're pulling in customers, update daily.

For instance, one of my glass artist friends posts the "piece of the day", whatever it is. She'll create several pieces of glass, take photos and prepare them for quick uploading for the next couple weeks. So she has evolving stock, it keeps her Facebook current on her friends/customers page, and she'll throw in little minor sale gimmicks. Free shipping or whatnot. Main thing is, post something every day that attracts. For a florist, unique roses you may have, different types of white flowers for wedding bouquets (sometime in the early Spring for June weddings), types of arrangements that your competition doesn't have… One thing, every day. Not enough to spam their FB's, but enough to keep the attention there. :)

Instance: one week you could showcase five different types of popular wedding flower, one each day and a bit of history behind why it's popular. In Alexandria we have a Bridal Extravaganza where all the local wedding vendors (florists, dress shops, photographers, caterers) put their displays on the show floor. If your area has a similar weekend, the week before you could do this.

Like JWG said, don't spam. Keep it to a single post. Or every other day. People who "friend" or "like" your business page wants to know what's going on. If it's a large community that likes your page, then someone at any given time is going to be in the need for flowers. So don't fall into that trap where you are afraid to post for fear of spamming. Balance.

Last edited:

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    If it's a business page, and you're pulling in customers, update daily.

For instance, one of my glass artist friends posts the "piece of the day", whatever it is. She'll create several pieces of glass, take photos and prepare them for quick uploading for the next couple weeks. So she has evolving stock, it keeps her Facebook current on her friends/customers page, and she'll throw in little minor sale gimmicks. Free shipping or whatnot. Main thing is, post something every day that attracts. For a florist, unique roses you may have, different types of white flowers for wedding bouquets (sometime in the early Spring for June weddings), types of arrangements that your competition doesn't have… One thing, every day. Not enough to spam their FB's, but enough to keep the attention there. :)

Instance: one week you could showcase five different types of popular wedding flower, one each day and a bit of history behind why it's popular. In Alexandria we have a Bridal Extravaganza where all the local wedding vendors (florists, dress shops, photographers, caterers) put their displays on the show floor. If your area has a similar weekend, the week before you could do this.

Like JWG said, don't spam. Keep it to a single post. Or every other day. People who "friend" or "like" your business page wants to know what's going on. If it's a large community that likes your page, then someone at any given time is going to be in the need for flowers. So don't fall into that trap where you are afraid to post for fear of spamming. Balance.

THANKS! That's a brilliant idea, Shardi!

Top Bottom