Credit where credit is due

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanW

Koch-head
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, so forgive me.

Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know about my GOOD experience with an online retailer, since usually people only hear about the bad.

I've been hunting for my first range bag, went to several of the local places, dug around a little online, and i just didn't want to spend $100-200 on a bag that will never hold more than 2 handguns and enough ammo/supplies for a trip to the range. I'm jsut starting out trying pratical shooting, so I don't want to invest a ton of money into something I may or may not end up enjoying, but a good bag is, to me, a very practical expense.

I REALLY REALLY wanted the HK bag, but it's no longer available, and to find one will cost around $180. On another forum, someone mentioned that the Glock bag was very similar and was around $70, but it said Glock on it, so that was a deal breaker. Then I found out that MidwayUSA has the exact same bags as the HK I wanted, but with their logo as opposed to HK's. The bag was $70, BUT if I bought a green one, it was only $39.99!!!!

I don't care what color it is, I'm colorblind anyway, so I was super excited to save basically $150 over the HK bag I wanted, but still get everything that made me want other than the logo.

I ordered it tuesday night and it arrived today! I had a confirmation email from them a few moments after placing the email, a tracking number early the next morning, and as stated, it's here already.

The site was easy to navigate, I found myself hunting for more stuff to buy since I had saved so much money, but I convinced myself to enjoy my savings and only got a few little extras.

Now for the bag, I'll post pics later. It has a removable center insert "tray", two compartments for included pistol bags, that seem pretty sturdy, a TON of magazine holders, and on one side it has a pocket to toss your wallet, keys, etc and an open top pocket for a drink. It also came with a brass bag and what appears to be a decently padded and sturdy shoulder strap.

If anyone needs a new one, a first one, or an extra, this seems like a pretty good deal for a nice bag.

Here's the link to the bag (I don't know how to do the annonym thing)
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=259680

The bag is slightly darker than the picture makes it out to be, it's closer to dark olive drab
    288297.jpg

Last edited:

RyanW

Koch-head
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Well now I feel even better about it!

I was actually going to post this in this section, but I thought it was for site sponsors and not ANY vendor.

FTRrookie

Freedom Not Free Stuff
    Apr 25, 2009
    Houma, la
    If there is anything bad about midwayusa it is that they ship so fast that if I forgot something or I accidentally ordered the wrong thing it's to late to change it. It's been shipped! :D But their return policy is the best in the business too.

SpeedRacer

Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Midway rules. Their prices are a tad high on some things, but their service is top notch. I've had the same bag for years and love it. It's HUGE. I've actually loaded it up to the point where I could barely lift it and had to take stuff out. :rofl:

onelochevy

XD 45
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    I love Midway. Their in-house products are superb. I own a midway range bag, midway soft case for my AR and midway ear muffs. All are top quality items.

lsu fan

Dec 9, 2008
    Metry
    I love midway... the master catalog is awesome.... It's easier to choose ammo when you've got velocities listed next to each cartridge. Plenty of other lagniappe in there too!

dogbaron

Long Ago and Far Away
    Dec 18, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    I bought the same range bag about a year ago. The only problem I had was the shoulder strap would not retain its adjustment, otherwise I really like the bag. About six months ago I received an e-mail from Midway USA stating that they had some complaints about the strap. They had the buckles redesigned and if I liked, they would ship me the new strap at no charge. I said I would like the new strap and it was in my hands in less than a week with a note from Larry saying "thanks for your business". In my book, they are top notch.

My .02

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom