Crime

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    The Holden thread had several comments about how he talks a lot about it.
    And there was a comment about Chief Leduff showing up at crime scenes and looking good in uniform.

So, what would YOU do to reduce crime if you were the mayor or chief?

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Ok.

That tells me all you people want to do is bitch about it and armchair QB it all without having a clue what to do about it yourselves.

Why am I not surprised......

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    Id hire these guys:

the_boondock_saints_2.jpg

Bronson.bmp

:D

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    you have to hit the street hard, screw the aclu and jessie jackson. if you see someone walking down the street with their pant hanging down belwo their knees arrest them for indecent exposure plus whatever other crimes you can get them for if they have drugs on them or whatever. take the gangster image off the streets to start. let it be known they are not welcome. i know many on this site won't like this next comment but set up cameras in high crime areas and put up temporary sub stations in every neighborhood with a drug problem. I would encourage the citizens to take care of themselves, get CCWs, join groups lioke the gardian angels to help the police go out on patrols, and build more jails so we don't ave to worry about letting tes sob's out due to over crowding. that would be where i would start.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    1. triple the capacity of Parish Prison and FILL IT UP. It wont be hard, it will practically fill itself if you just build the damn thing.

2. Get the city jail open and start locking people up for the 80,000 open bench warrants in EBR and a place to lock up drunks, knuckleheads, etc for 24 hrs.

3. Start doing major code enforcement on abandoned buildings and overgrown lots. Make the owners either securly board up the properties or bulldoze them.

lefty

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Hattiesburg, MS
    not from your state but would try this.

increase police presence.

free day care and birth control available from high schools to students trying to finish their high school diploma, also maybe try at community college level.

couples counseling for the under age parents also (this in an effort to prevent single parent homes)

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    not from your state but would try this.

increase police presence.

if you have no place to imprison the criminals, all an increased police presence will do is cost money

free day care and birth control available from high schools to students trying to finish their high school diploma, also maybe try at community college level.
    Dont have a problem with the birth control but day care, if you have a kid, you are responsible enough to get a GED and a JOB. Then you can get daycare
    couples counseling for the under age parents also (this in an effort to prevent single parent homes)

What do they need to be counseled on? All they need is a job, or parents who care enough about them to let them finish school and watch the kids for them

All these suggestions have been tried in larger cities, New York, LA, Chicago, I dont consider any of these cities models for what I want Baton Rouge to become.

lefty

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Hattiesburg, MS
    the daycare and couples counseling has less to do with the parents, but more of a prevention measure to keep the children from becoming criminals in the future, its more of a preventative measure. the higher the education the parents receive and percentage they stay together the less likely there children will become a criminal element, might even gain a tax payer or two in the process.

Born4spd

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Baton Rouge and Killian/Springfield
    Stop letting the criminals take all the action, hold your ground and let darwin sort em out.

Police do this ,police do that, most of you will bitch about your daily lives being interrupted if most of these plans were to go into effect.

If we took care of each other more we wouldnt have to worry about this.
    Be active in your community, so this **** cant happen on your block.
    Know where the drugs are? Tip off the police. Do some surveillance write down liscense plate numbers and descriptions if you have suspicion.
    Stop being a bunch of puss's and just giving money to the .gov to fix your problem when it can be fixed yourself. :D
    If ACON can do it, we can do it better.

If you find a kid worthy, be his mentor. Ive helped quite a few people straighten out just this year. one is a knucklehead who loves shooting,and loves going to school but cant get the stupid thug mentality out of his head, and i thank the BRPD for smashing his ass on the ground and teaching him a lesson, trust me it worked. (for now).

End rant.

hunter53

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    OK I'm the new kid on the block so I don't expect much. I see a few solutions stated here and most of them are good ones. That is to say the ones who actually gave it any thought at all. The problem is that all of that stuff takes money and the only place money comes from in government is from taxes. No one wants to pay more taxes, so what can be done without paying anymore taxes?

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Ok.

That tells me all you people want to do is bitch about it and armchair QB it all without having a clue what to do about it yourselves.

Why am I not surprised......

I don't bitch and I rather like being a lineman instead of a QB. :rofl:

And if anyone has a better suggestion, I suggest you get out there and do it yourselves.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Short term solutions: Major tent city prisons NO AC, cable, etc. Work prison gangs, digging pipelines in the swamp, building levees by hand, etc.
    Support the cops. Reward them for making arrests. Support them when they are investigated. Train them to the fullest. Teach them to do everything on camera so there are no questions. Make it clear to the public that the cops are going to follow the rules.
    Finally, long term. Question underage mothers. Find out who got them pregnant and prosecute them. Make the guys afraid of touching someone underage. Prosecute the mothers also, use that to force them to take child rearing classes and classes on birth control. Have child protective services continually follow up with those mothers on living conditions.

Top Bottom