Crossbows

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peacemakr72

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2009
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Many years ago due to an back injury, I was unable to shoot a compound or recurve so I researched Crossbows. I finally purchased a Jennings Devastator that was unbelievable. At 65 yards it shot through a backstop of ....1- 1/2" ply, 2- 3/8" paneling, 10- layers of heavy cardboard, 2- layers of heavy loop carpet with jute backing.
    I was stunned as this was at 285 fps. I took deer and rabbits with it as well as a few birds with the poof heads. Since the tragedy of the 2008 elections I have once again looked to this weapon for newer technology. I borrowed a Barnett Quad 400 and shot it for a few months but found it antiquated. I researched further and found the following to be quiet interesting. I am in the buy build process now.
    1. PSE TAC 15; a truly technical marvel. I have watched video of a 200 yard hit by a marksman. Military currently uses them for 100 yards shots in a 2" circle. Its a 170# 405 fps scorcher. It is smooth quiet and deadly. I have tired of gun hunting and plan to transition to this format exclusively for the future. The TAC stands for .... wait... for....it..
    Tactical Assult Crossbow. Hummmm
    2. Scorpid 165 is a 165# 425 fps screamer. It is extremely accurate and powerful.
    They may not transport as easy as a AR15 but they can be deadly as a defensive weapon. Im sure they will be on D. Feinsteins list before long.
    These are very expensive items to buy operate and maintain but way cool and fun. If you happen to get into the market for either of these along with accessories let us know.

Top Bottom