Crux suppressor explosion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    Toughest, Lightest, Shortest, Quietest can on the market they say.

From a friend of mine

Crux_Suppressor.jpg

jcomar1

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Yea he didn't like when he got called out about it on fb he got all butt-hurt.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    Checked out the site, says all suppressors will handle Magnum calibers.

These were the guys that had issues when engraving their stuff the suppressor would come apart at the engraving. That was back when it was Templar.

Seems like it could be nice stuff, maybe they should try a thicker tube.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Yea he didn't like when he got called out about it on fb he got all butt-hurt.

Yeah people tend to do that. Personally I perfer to withhold this type of information from social media until after the company has had a chance to "give me a reason not to". To be clear I'm not talking extortion, bribery or blackmail. I'm talking "heres your chance to fix your mistake," sort of thing. People tend to be more receptive. Often greatful that you gave them a chance to not be called out in public.

I'm not saying its wrong to call them out or right to not call them out. I'm just thinking in terms of carrot and stick. If you have already used the stick and it made no difference you have to find a bigger stick. But if you start with a carrot and the carrot doesnt work maybe the stick will.

Last edited:

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    Yeah people tend to do that. Personally I perfer to withhold this type of information from social media until after the company has had a chance to "give me a reason not to". To be clear I'm not talking extortion, bribery or blackmail. I'm talking "heres your chance to fix your mistake," sort of thing. People tend to be more receptive. Often greatful that you gave them a chance to not be called out in public.

I'm not saying its wrong to call them out or right to not call them out. I'm just thinking in terms of carrot and stick. If you have already used the stick and it made no difference you have to find a bigger stick. But if you start with a carrot and the carrot doesnt work maybe the stick will.

I agree but at the same time its good as a whole to let people know that cans do have problems.
    People think that SiCo Omegas, Sig Sauer, and Surefire suppressor are flawless until they see photos of the welds on the Sigs fail. Cores on the Omegas separate from the housing, and surefure cans blow the whole end cap out and take 4+ months to warranty the cans.

eMGunslinger

Weapon Savant
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 15, 2010
    Denham Springs, LA
    I'm not one to have problems with anyone, but the owner does make some claims and act like a crazy person. "Curtis" is the owner

Since I know all the guys at SiCo and at the time everyone at AAC personally I asked them about this. They had no idea who he was until they went and looked him up themselves.

13882246_10207166425504500_447028217346041531_n.jpg

CBlack

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Covington, La
    I'm not one to have problems with anyone, but the owner does make some claims and act like a crazy person. "Curtis" is the owner

Since I know all the guys at SiCo and at the time everyone at AAC personally I asked them about this. They had no idea who he was until they went and looked him up themselves.

13882246_10207166425504500_447028217346041531_n.jpg
    That screen grab was a whole lot of smelly b.s.

I had come across a good deal on one of their 5.56 cans and I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Landry308

Class 3/SOT/Houma LA
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Houma
    Worse CS nightmare I have ever had as a dealer was with (Templar). Made my initial order of 3 cans to become a dealer, then nothing. No contact by phone, e-mail, voicemail, nothing for months and months. Cert mail returned unclaimed. I was about to hire a process server in Tx to track them down, then Curtis answers the phone one day. Turns out the secretary, who was apparently in charge of EVERYTHING, went AWOL one day, leaving EVERYTHING in a complete clusterfu**. It got straightened out eventually. Nice cans, the people who bought the 3 have been happy with them. Since then I have called once to order an accessory, and they seem to have gotten their act together. I'd be interested in seeing how they handle this.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeyy504
    Top Bottom