CSI took half of my gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sailem

Infantryman
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Pontchatoula LA
    The cops didn’t steal from you, they collected the gun for evidence. Shes 4 states away NOPD isnt going that far to look for her on a warrant like that, if there is one. If it takes years to get her to court and hold the trail, then that will be years you don’t have your gun.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rdass623

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2019
    new orleans
    did they take the table you were cleaning the gun on also? something does not sound right here.. but if the firearm was taken into evidence, it will be held until the trial is over or the case is prescribed. i had a gun confiscated after an officer involved shooting and it took a little over six years until mine was released back to me (yes, my night sights had stopped working in that time frame as well).

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    Yea
    Can we all agree that , Had he not been cleaning his gun, none of this would have happened.
    Yea, who in the heck cleans their gun, especially a Taurus?? He's been a member since Aug, but his first post is in December?

Oh wait, I've been a member since 2011 and only have 32. Well, let's just say I have been busy.

Pizzamymind

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    New Orleans
    Yea

Yea, who in the heck cleans their gun, especially a Taurus?? He's been a member since Aug, but his first post is in December?

Oh wait, I've been a member since 2011 and only have 32. Well, let's just say I have been busy.

Cleaning a Taurus before you put it back in the bushes is just common courtesy when using the neighbourhood gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    did they take the table you were cleaning the gun on also? something does not sound right here.. but if the firearm was taken into evidence, it will be held until the trial is over or the case is prescribed. i had a gun confiscated after an officer involved shooting and it took a little over six years until mine was released back to me (yes, my night sights had stopped working in that time frame as well).
    Suck it up, that's the price you pay for policing!! (Point is your story can be straw manned also).. OP should not have posted this because her defense can use it in her favor.

Lea

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    In my experience it's easier to clean up all that blood before it dries. Hot water, a bucket and frequent water changes. Follow up with some oxiclean and you're done.

Sorry I can't help you with that lower. Blood will destroy the finish on a firearm fast. Probably best to just move on and get another gun.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom