CTD price gouging

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • doug426

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Slidell
    I sent this letter to CTD, because their prices have gone as high as those on GB:

Hello CTD, I understand supply and demand, but I believe that your ammo prices are gouging American Sportsmen. I have recently been able to find ammo at less than half of what you are asking. I know that this was not always the case with CTD, so maybe you have new ownership--are you now affiliated with the freedom group? Disappointed, Doug Reker

the reply was:

Mr. Reker,

Thank you for your comment, and thank you of your interest in our products.

I apologize for the inconvenience of our prices are overpriced. Cheaper Than Dirt prices are dictated by the market.

My response:
    Tonya,
    Thanks for the reply. When the "ammo crisis" is over, Americans will remember what companies were gouging.
    God Bless America.
    Doug Reker

I vote with dollars!

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    gouging is a myth, but i agree i'll probably never use CTD again either

Last edited:

cajun_64

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    Abbeville
    To each their own. They must be selling something to keep the doors open.(or the internet connected, as it may be) Just nothing from me.

Hope their new business plans works out for them.

JLouv

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Youngsville
    Wow. Your letter was waaaaaaaaaaaaay more polite than mine. I'm not shy about language, but I'd be embarrassed to rewrite what I wrote CtD.

Needless to say, my issue with them has been resolved. We have mutually agreed to refuse to acknowledge each other's existence. They don't send me stuff, and I don't buy their crap. It's working great since December.

SeventhSon

Evil Conservative
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Slidell
    I'll never buy from them but I doubt it will make much of a difference. There will always be someone who wants to buy Vietnam Gas Masks, cheap ninja swords and crappy camping supplies. :dunno:

doug426

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2013
    Slidell
    There are several retailers (online and stores) who are not inflating their prices. I plan to spend my dollars with them now and after the "shortage" @#$% CTD!!!!!

O_R_B_1

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    New Orleans, La.
    I will NEVER buy from them again. Add CDNN, R-Guns and BOTACH to that list as well.

AIM, Midway, Brownells, Bravo Company and Sportsman's Guide have been getting my business.

Last edited:

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    gouging is a myth, but i agree i'll probably never use CTD again either

Gouging a myth? Gouging = profiteering, i.e. taking economic advantage of others' during bad times. CTD sponsors some big name competive shooters. No doubt that sponsorship lures many less familiar with CTD's practices to purchase from them.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I will NEVER buy from them again. Add CDNN, R-Guns and BOTACH to that list as well.

AIM, Midway, Brownells, Bravo Company and Sportsman's Guide have been getting my business.
    Rainier Arms gets two bigs thumbs up from me as well!

Armnhammer

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Walker/Denham
    I saw their booth at the convention while walking with my hands full and when offered a ctd bag to carry I responded, "I'd rather have my hands full than be seen with a CTD bag". Seemed like I wasn't the only one since I didn't see one bag from them the whole time walking around.

MOΛΩN ΛABE

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I also said no thanks when offered a bag at the convention. They seemed to have plenty of bags. They will not get any more dollars from me.

I saw their booth at the convention while walking with my hands full and when offered a ctd bag to carry I responded, "I'd rather have my hands full than be seen with a CTD bag". Seemed like I wasn't the only one since I didn't see one bag from them the whole time walking around.

MOΛΩN ΛABE

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    Gouging a myth? Gouging = profiteering, i.e. taking economic advantage of others' during bad times. CTD sponsors some big name competive shooters. No doubt that sponsorship lures many less familiar with CTD's practices to purchase from them.

profiteering.....lol

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I heard a strange story about the ownership of CTD being anti-gun. No difference to me, after seeing them take advantage of the situation the way they have, I am never doing biz with them again.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville

MOΛΩN ΛABE

I also said no thanks when offered a bag at the convention. They seemed to have plenty of bags. They will not get any more dollars from me.

haha nice.

I've placed a few orders from them in the past but I highly doubt I will purchase from them in the future. While this was the "last straw" they really haven't been the same for quite some time, once all the high quality low priced surplus goods dried up they started replacing it with crappy overpriced Chinese crap.

I really think that they have to right to sell their ammo for whatever price they wish and that is not why they bother me, that is not even an issue in my eye. When demand isn't high every purchase you make you are helping to support that company, but once the demand goes up instead of CTD (and others) repaying the favor they decided to see what more they can make.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom