Current/Favorite CC setup

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Thats a tricky question it all falls down on which way you want/plan to carry (IWB, OWB,Apendix Carry, Pocket carry, Ankle carry), then what kind of material you want (leather, kydex, hybrid, nylon), then your body type/size.

Myself I like leather IWB (4 o'clock) or OWB (3 o'clock) for EDC Nick Mathews Holsters,every once in a while pocket carry a Keltec P3AT with the clip, range and matches kydex/abs plastic .

Last edited:

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Current? G19 in a RM low rider or RCS phantom.

If i'm putzing around the northshore i've been known to just go with a j frame in the front pocket in a rkba holster.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    M&P-9c in a Comptac MTAC @ 4:00 position. I can't see any reason I'd ever do anything different. I'm so confident and content with my setup something would have to be absolutely MAGICAL to change my mind.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    M&P-9c in a Comptac MTAC @ 4:00 position. I can't see any reason I'd ever do anything different. I'm so confident and content with my setup something would have to be absolutely MAGICAL to change my mind.

Why didn't you say you wanted magical in the first place? You're welcome to try my H&K anytime. :D

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    I carry my Walther/Manurhin PP .32ACP in a pocket holster. Sure, its a wee bit heavy, but I've gotten used to it to the point where I am uncomfortable without it.

BigNick73

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 21, 2008
    Brandon, MS
    Current is a LCR in a pocket holster. I have a 30sf IWB and keep thinking about carrying one of my 1911s but I keep coming back to the pocket guns it's just too convienent

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Current is a big ass 92fs is a RM Paddle I wear under my Manjami. Usual is a Glock 19 in a Milt Sparks Summer Comfort Classic(no boning), spare mag, Spyderco Para-Military, and Surefire E2D.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Depends on what I'm doing that day. Normally a Kahr CW-9 IWB at 4 in summer, DW CBOB .45 in MTAC at 4 in winter, G19 on Motorcycle, J-frame in pocket sometimes too. Soon an M&P 9c in MTAC will replace my Kahr.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Seriously

On a serious note.

" Also REMEMBER" loose lips sink ships when it comes to letting NORMAL PEOPLE know you carry and where so!!Shhhhhhhh............
    LIKE REAL-ESTATE "LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION" Determines how and what I carry!!!

55% of the time I carry my LCR in a desanti ankle holster-Like the forget it's their feeling!
    25% of the time I carry my Glock 27 in the same desanti ankle holster.Same forgets there feeling!
    10% of the time the LCR in a Stoner IMB Holster IWB with shirt untucked
    10% of the time the Glock 27 in a MH IWB
    See pictures below!

Last edited:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    keltec p3at in a K&D pocket holster. Most of the time.

1911 in a lefty Blackhawk leather IWB on my right hip. Nice holster btw...

Occasionally a S&W 469 in a don hume set up like the above.

MrLefty

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Gonzales, LA
    Currently, I usually carry a Glock 26 in a Comp-tac Ctac somewhere around the 8:00 position, with a spare 15 rd mag weak-side on my belt. Now that it's getting colder, I'll carry my Glock 19 more often (when I'm wearing a jacket).

On light days, I carry a Ruger LCP in my front pocket in a Desantis Nemesis.

leVieux

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    I carry my Walther/Manurhin PP .32ACP in a pocket holster. Sure, its a wee bit heavy, but I've gotten used to it to the point where I am uncomfortable without it.

Gee, Dave,

We are planning to move to St.M. because we figured that we won't have to carry there, after decades in large cities.

We already bought 263' Bayou Teche waterfront at St.M.

Has street violence reached sleepy little "Petit Paris"?

leVieux

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    Gee, Dave,

We are planning to move to St.M. because we figured that we won't have to carry there, after decades in large cities.

We already bought 263' Bayou Teche waterfront at St.M.

Has street violence reached sleepy little "Petit Paris"?

leVieux

Negative, best area I have ever lived is where I m at right now, Catahoula, St Martinville, Henderson, Cecilia. I wouldnt trade it for nothing else.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jerry1090
    Top Bottom