Current state paperwork timeframe

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • airrick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2011
    For people interested...

for 2 SBR's
    Sent: 9-1-12
    Received back: 10-12-12

Anyone one else have any info?

Last edited:

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    I sent in papers for an sbr the middle of last month, if not earlier with nothing yet. I called and the woman said she did it, but hasn't mailed it out yet. This conversation happened a week ago, still yet to see it.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    If you are waiting on the state paperwork before sending in your Form 1 to the ATF just skip it. You can save a month by sending in your Form 1 now then faxing the state paperwork later. Your Form 1 will go from pending to flagged for not having the state "permit". At that point just fax in the state form with ATTN: Your Examiner and it will get approved the same day. I have done this trick three times.

jgreco15

The Zebra
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    I sent in a state form for a SBR on 8/21/12. Approved 9/20/12 and received 9/26/12 (today).

If you are waiting on the state paperwork before sending in your Form 1 to the ATF just skip it. You can save a month by sending in your Form 1 now then faxing the state paperwork later. Your Form 1 will go from pending to flagged for not having the state "permit". At that point just fax in the state form with ATTN: Your Examiner and it will get approved the same day. I have done this trick three times.

For what its worth, I have been told that this policy has changed. They apparently do not accept "incomplete packets" anymore. I used to do the old trick of faxing it in but have not tried it since being told of the "new policy" by Derek Howard. I purchased a can from Big Boy Armament several months back and was told that I absolutley had to wait for the state paperwork to return before sending my fed. work.

louisianacook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Thats ab f'ing right. Still waiting on my state paperwork too. I was going to send in my Form 1 without it... oh well, I guess I'll do some more waiting. Used to it by now, have two stamps that should be in any day now....

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    Just talk to my dealer, who had been talking to ATF about the state delays.
    According to the ATF person he talked to....ATF was told that there was a backlog with the LA forms "due to a hurricane in Baton Rouge".

Uh.....when exactly did BR have a hurricane?

Who do we petition about abolishing this Jim Crow beauracratic holdover?

Chris88

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    St Charles Parish
    I have a update. Call the state on 12/11 the lady told me the paper work was approved the week of 12/6. She said I should get it this week 12/20. Still no paper work. :confused: Ok I got the paper work today she signed it on the 5. Now I need to send the paper work to the gov.

Last edited:

Donkey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Ponchatoula LA
    mailbox to mailbox

Mailed SBR forms on Oct 26 approve Dec 5 received Dec 20. Wow! I also had to have a dealer redo a form 3 because the time ran out while they were waiting on state papers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DRB88
    Top Bottom