Curse hornady l&l ap

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    YAARRGGG... my Hornady L&L AP (newer model) has about 1500 cartidges loaded on it, and the damn drive hub snapped IN HALF. Completely Off and In Half. LA reload TOLD me not to fool with this thing, and I'm about ready to throw it in the river.

Last edited:

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    YAARRGGG... my Hornady L&L AP (newer model) has about 1500 cartidges loaded on it, and the damn drive hub snapped IN HALF. Completely Off and In Half. LA reload TOLD me not to fool with this thing, and I'm about ready to throw it in the river.

Should have listened to them. Bryan and the gang don't usually pass out bad advice, and from my personal experience, the whole Hornady L&L system is ****. Try and unload that thing on someone else and get a Lee or RCBS or Dillon.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    Should have listened to them. Bryan and the gang don't usually pass out bad advice, and from my personal experience, the whole Hornady L&L system is ****. Try and unload that thing on someone else and get a Lee or RCBS or Dillon.

too deeply invested to try to get a new press atm. but youre right they've always been very good guys. Besides, I can hardly post a "WTS POS press" after i just broke it lol.

FD807

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Geismar La.
    Sorry to hear that and don't get angry but you shoulda got a Dillon. Yes they are more expensive but there is a reason for it. They just work !!!!

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie

I have both the LNL and the Dillon 550B sitting next to each other. They are both excellent presses. I have had parts break on both. Both company have spectacular CS.

What happened to your LNL?

Leadfoot

Low Speed High Drag
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Livingston Parish
    It's not important, it was just my personal preference.

With Lee or RCBS, seems like dies and everything are standardized. You CAN use them in a Hornady press, but it doesn't like them.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    too deeply invested to try to get a new press atm. but youre right they've always been very good guys. Besides, I can hardly post a "WTS POS press" after i just broke it lol.

I'll give you $100 for it as is no questions asked :) I have 2 hornadys and both have been outstanding and when I needed support they were excellent about sending me new parts.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I'll give you $100 for it as is no questions asked :) I have 2 hornadys and both have been outstanding and when I needed support they were excellent about sending me new parts.

Lol I'm just mad a part broke and my planned night of reloading was ruined. Until this point I've been extremely happy with my purchase. I'm not a hater, was just talking trash. My opinion on the press and brand does now depends on their "no bs customer service" though. Well see how it goes this week.

Top Bottom