CUT THE CORD - LIving Without Cable TV

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    History channel has an app that you should be able to get on your TV or firestick. Same with ESPN, I have an ESPN Plus membership for like $4 bucks a month, lets you watch all kinds of sports, especially MMA, if you really like MMA like me also check out UFC Fightpass, it has every UFC fight ever on it as well as fights from other promotions like Pride, Cage Warriors, Invicta, etc.

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    would like to know that also. I am thinking about doing the Disney+ package for the kids and don't want to get stuck in cancelation hell if I try to end it.

Have subscribed and cancelled to almost all the ones at some point or another, they are actually really good about cancelling, not like trying to cancel a gym membership lol

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    History channel has an app that you should be able to get on your TV or firestick. Same with ESPN, I have an ESPN Plus membership for like $4 bucks a month, lets you watch all kinds of sports, especially MMA, if you really like MMA like me also check out UFC Fightpass, it has every UFC fight ever on it as well as fights from other promotions like Pride, Cage Warriors, Invicta, etc.

Thanks for tips. I did download the History Channel app in the first month of NO-COX. It seemed like most of the series programs would allow watching 2 - 3 episodes of a series, then the rest of the series was like pay-per-view. I uninstalled it to save space on the stick. Maybe it's changed for the better - I'll give it another shot.

Buckiller

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2021
    Slaughter, La
    Corrupt Wife

This discussion could not have come at a better time. I was searching for an alternative to DirectTV last night. I have looked at Hulu, Pluto, Amazon and Youtube TV. Haven't decided which way to go yet. How do ya'll handle multiple TV's with the HD antenna?

I am also Greatly interested in alternatives to DIRECTV. However, I have a wife who is totally and completely corrupted with the SEC network and all things LSU. I would happily buy a fire stick, red stick, any kind of stick to get away from DIRECTV but I absolutely have to have a solution for the SEC network. Might anyone have knowledge of such a solution?

Thanks in advance!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I am also Greatly interested in alternatives to DIRECTV. However, I have a wife who is totally and completely corrupted with the SEC network and all things LSU. I would happily buy a fire stick, red stick, any kind of stick to get away from DIRECTV but I absolutely have to have a solution for the SEC network. Might anyone have knowledge of such a solution?

Thanks in advance!

You can ditch DirecTV and get a streaming service like Hulu Live or YouTube TV. I have ESPN+, but it still requires a television provider to watch standard channels, such as SEC Network.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You can ditch DirecTV and get a streaming service like Hulu Live or YouTube TV. I have ESPN+, but it still requires a television provider to watch standard channels, such as SEC Network.

My problem with sling years ago was that they didn’t allow Fox News, only CNN. I think they have now fixed it but it’s something to check into with other companies and see if they allow certain channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA

Thanks in advance!

There are some more sites like the two links identified below that describe the streaming services that include SEC sports. Check them out. The least expensive one, so far as I've researched, seems to be Sling Orange + Sports Extra for a monthly charge of $35+$11. I'm still shopping & comparing what is included. Sling is offering a free antenna with 2 month's prepaid subscription - no idea of the quality. Not relevant to me since I already have one.

https://cordcuttingreport.com/2019/08/18/live-stream-sec-network/

https://thestreamable.com/channels/sec-network

Last edited:
    Top Bottom