CVS - WTF

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I and wife got 2 shots very early with do side effects. We were issued shot cards which we had laminated. While I respect individuals right of choice I hear a lot of stuff about very large percent saying they will not get the shot and Government saying they want everyone to get shot. Wondering what Government will do when they realize a huge percent of the population will not take it? Covid/shot ID's? Not flying w/o a covid shot certificate etc? No ammo sale w/o covid ID?

Just another black-market item, Papers Komrade.

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    Both my wife and I have gotten our first shots. We have done it because we know what our son goes through everyday dealing with Covid patients. He is and ICU Critical Care Polmonologist. And yes he has taken the shot along with my daughter who is also a doctor. He says the disease doesn't care who it effects, young, old, sick or health. Yes it will effect unhealthy people more but it can also take out a young health person just a quick. I'll hedge my bet and take the shot over getting taken out by the China virus.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Both my wife and I have gotten our first shots. We have done it because we know what our son goes through everyday dealing with Covid patients. He is and ICU Critical Care Polmonologist. And yes he has taken the shot along with my daughter who is also a doctor. He says the disease doesn't care who it effects, young, old, sick or health. Yes it will effect unhealthy people more but it can also take out a young health person just a quick. I'll hedge my bet and take the shot over getting taken out by the China virus.

↑ I trust medical professionals, not quacks with little education. Or conspiracy theorists. Received my second Pfizer dose last Monday, zero side effects for me. North Oaks in Hammond made it so easy, nothing they could have done to possibly make it any easier or faster, really.

M_Lee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2021
    Metairie, LA
    I get my second covid-19 shot at the VA next Friday. I got no beef with masking up or shots. See it simply as a slight inconvenience and not as a conspiracy. I don't think the government is out to inject me with a zombie virus that causes me to vote Democrat lol.
    I figure it's all part of a new normal. A worldwide pandemic or epidemic was inevitable and has been predicted for years. The world's gotten a lot smaller and travel from continent to continent faster, cheaper and more accessible to a broader range of people worldwide. Spread of a virus was just plain gonna happen. Mind you, I was hoping it'd happen after I was gone lol.
    I worked overseas for several years and if I went back to work overseas again post covid-19 restrictions I certainly would mask up for the flight and journey. Simple painless precaution. Just not that big a deal to me.

Last edited:

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    There's a lot more to this disease than simply surviving or not surviving.
    Google "Long Haulers." https://www.google.com/search?q=%22Long+Haulers.%22&oq=%22Long+Haulers.%22&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
    Some people just stay sick.
    My wife and I are about a month past our second Moderna shot.
    It gives us a good feeling that we won't end up in the hospital.

On one hand, you have a guy like Novak Djokovic.
    He got the Rona and still won the Aussie Open.
    Then you get a guy like a forty year old Yahoo engineer
    who is still sick a year later and pretty much debilitated.

RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    The only thing I can add to the conversation that hasn't been said yet, the vaccine was pushed through without the normal risk (to the companies), but this off-chute of the virus was not completely un-known. As soon as any new virus pops up teams of people are working to connect the dots to what will cure it. This type of virus has been around for some years, so they (vaccine companies) weren't starting from scratch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spydy
    Top Bottom