Cz or variants/clones?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I'm glad you bought that gun cause it was tempting me something awful

I'm not sure why it took him so long to sell it. Maybe because they aren't well known, except by those in the know, apparently. I had never heard of them before, just learned about them after it was for sale. After I bought it, went to a little "Point & Shoot" competition with my wife, and she started talking about how she liked a heavier gun. One of the other shooters out of the blue responded, "if you want a good shooting heavy gun, get a Witness." I then pulled mine out and showed it to him. I was amazed that he would mention that particular gun, when I'd never even heard of them until a few weeks ago when this one was first for sale.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    Oh, and my wife was so mad that I got the gun,...because she wanted it. She is of Italian decent, after all, so she thought she should get it. Well, the only way to resolve it was for her to go get the other gun she had been wanting, an HK VP9. Happy wife, happy life!

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Had the Witness in .45 Matte and sold it a few years ago...BIG mistake..It was an awesome gun and felt great, just like all CZ 75 types do.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    Had the Witness in .45 Matte and sold it a few years ago...BIG mistake..It was an awesome gun and felt great, just like all CZ 75 types do.

Isn't it the same gun with a different upper? What I was reading was the Witness is made to take different calibers, just change the upper and the magazine. However, many have encountered issues including cracked frames with larger, more powerful calibers. If so, maybe having one in 45 isn't so good?

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I don't think so. This was an older one that did not come with two barrels and stuff. I called it matte but EAA calls it a Wonder Finish..

View attachment 68806View attachment 68807View attachment 68808

I think you have to buy the extra upper & mag. From what I've read, the lower is the same? I don't know for sure if they make/made a dedicated 45 specific model or not. There just isn't a great amount of info online for the Witness, it seems.

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    Got a 1.5" grouping at 10yds hand held, standing at the range today with the Witness Stock (2 shots went in one hole, the bigger one on the left)...I'm no sharpshooter, so this is pretty good. My previous best shooting gun was my 6" S&W 686, and for comparison I got 3" grouping with it. So the Witness is now my best shooting gun. My 1911 was close, I had a 1.5" group of 4 shots, but pulled the 5th shot out almost 4", so I'll have to redo the comparison with the 1911 another day.

Attachments

• Tangfolio-10yd-target.jpg
      Tangfolio-10yd-target.jpg
      106.7 KB · Views: 63
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom