cz p07

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zteam13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2012
    Hammond, LA
    so i have been looking around and found the cz p07 and was wondering if anyone has one if so how do you like it and do you know of any ranges that carry them for rental to try out?

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    Not sure of any ranges that have them. First and foremost I am a cz guy. I love them above all other pistols. This includes multi thousand dollar 2011's etc. I just do.

I have owned most CZ models at some point or other (75, 75b, 75bd, SP01, P01, and my favorite the SP01 Shadow custom).

I recently bought the P07 threaded model to go with my 9mm suppressor that will arrive some day. I am surprised at how much I love the gun. The grip is familiar for me and feels good. The Omega trigger system is in fact an easier system. While much is familiar to the total stripping of the regular 75 line it has quite a few less parts and is much less intimidating in the inside. The trigger was surprisingly good for a stock gun in single action. I've only fired 200 rounds and it shot really well. Much quicker recovery on follow up shots than I expected. I shoot the SP01 shadow in competition and the weight is almost 1/2 of what I am used to.
    The mag release is wonderful on it. Very much like a gen 4 glock.

The double action pull was too heavy for me so I switched to a 15 lb mainspring and that helped. I also bought a 13 lb recoil spring for it. (wanted an 11 but they only make a 13 in the compact sizes.)

My only gripe so far is the magazine cost as there are no aftermarket mags for it. Also, the mags hold 16 but they are hard as crap to load fully. After buying this one I intend to buy another regular model for CCW. It is about the size of a G19 but a little thinner.

If you read bad stuff about them it is most likely the first batch. CZ had quite a few stinkers come out but from my understanding they made it right.

Anyway, for a plastic gun I like it a lot.

daybreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    I have never shot a .40 cal CZ, but I do own several CZs. In fact, I've sold all my other pistols and only own CZs. I promise you, they are the sweetest shooting pistols most people aren't familiar with. I personally think they are the sweetest most accurate pistols out there, and I also prefer them over 1911s. In West Monroe, LA there is a CZ smith (www.cajungunworks) who is fantastic.

I can't speak for the .40, but th 9mms are sweet. I see no reason why the .40s aren't just as sweet. I own a matte stainless 75b, a 75 Shadow SAO, a 75 shadow DA/SA, and a Cajun Gunworks tuned SP01 wiTh an SAO conversion. Everybody who has shot my CGW improved dramatically on the dueling trees vs their personal non-CZ guns. Everyone who's tried my CGW SP01 is buying a CZ for their next gun.

EDIT: I was thinking p06 (.40 cal) . I've never shot a p07 but I've held them and they feel good. I do prefer steel CZs however.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PatRome
    Top Bottom