CZ75 SP-01 Phantom questions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Looking for a range gun and I've been interested in a CZ Sp01 lately. Unfortunately, I can't afford a "shadow", which is the one I really want(not yet). So I found a great deal on a phantom which I k ow is not a shadow but was wondering anyone's input on them. Is the trigger that bad? It would be strictly range gun.

Also, does anyone near Lafayette would give me the opportunity to shoot one if you have the phantom? I would supply ammo of course and a meal at the local fast food joint for your troubles.

Any feedback would be great. I figure I would get a glock but they are plentiful and not going anywhere so I can always get one next year if I don't like the cz. I'm a sucker for trying out new brands....thanks all for your time.

Last edited:

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Pulling this up cause I shot a shadow this weekend at Barneys. I think I'm in love. At 7-10 yards it was eating up the X, getting in to the 10 a little as the pace quickened. I want one now. So, what is the difference between the phantom and the shadow?

Peashooter

Peanut Gallery Gang
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    New Orleans
    Head over to the CZ forum for more info about how to make the stock SP01 trigger better
    I've shot some high dollar hardware in the past and the 2 SP01s I've shot equalled or bettered them

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I'm a shadow owner and cz lover. I do not endorse the Phantom. It is a cheaper plastic framed version of the SP01. One of the things I love about Cz's is the steel frame. I'd buy an M&P or Glock before I'd buy the Phantom. The only one I felt the trigger was just bad period.

Some people have them and love them but an Sp01 or Shadow substitute they are not.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Oh, I didn't realize the phantom was a poymer frame. Is the p07 a cut down phantom or is it a different gun? I ask because I shot a p07 also and the trigger wasn't bad at all.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I have not handled a P07 so I can't speak to it. I'm sure Phantoms can have some trigger work done. I would call or email (they take a few days to respond) Cz custom and discuss the Phantom triggers with them if you do go that way.

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Since we are all CZ lovers and among CZ friends, I'm going to throw this out to CZ guys before I post elsewhere. I have a Duotone CZ 75 Compact with 2 mags and rubber grips--original hard plastics will go with it--and a leather holster that I am considering trading or selling. Any interest?? Would want 450.00 for it or can trade towards a 1911. I have a number of 75bs and clones and prefer the larger guns. This is a beautiful pistol but I just don't shoot it that well. I was considering getting a RAMI 2075 but am now hesitant to do that now. Has anyone done comparative shooting with the RAMI and the compact?? Can send pics if anyone is interested.
    As far as the Phantom goes, I think it has the Omega trigger in it IIRC. I had one and my brother in law loved it so much he begged me to sell it to him. I personally prefer the steel frame guns so this worked out well for both of us LOL!!

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    I was considering getting a RAMI 2075 but am now hesitant to do that now. Has anyone done comparative shooting with the RAMI and the compact??
    No, but there is literally one in (small) pieces on the coffee table in front of me. The mag catch rusted and was not working smoothly.

Top Bottom