cz82 grips

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cornbread504

Drink coffee and destroy.
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Uptown NOLA
    I picked up a cz82 recently... I had been wanting one for quite a while, and it just might be one of my favorite pistols now. The only drawback I found is on the grips. The cut around the mag release is really deep and sharp, the result is a little more effort than should be necessary to drop the magazine. I'm not one to spend money on nice stuff like aftermarket grips, the only other sensible option is to get out the dremel. I gouged out the area around the mag release with a grinding wheel and smoothed it out with some 600 grit sand paper with some oil on it. While I was at it, I buffed out the all of the little gouges and scratches that tend to come along with surplus pistols. If you've never tried to wet send plastic grips, it works really well and looks pretty good after your done. It all looked pretty smooth but since i was already messing with it i decided to spraypaint the grip panels. Montana Gold spraypaint is premium quality and sticks too anything and it's pretty durable. I was going to do black but decided that I have no reason not to make it look more like the commie weapon that it was born to be. I did about 4 or 5 coats of green before taping off the star and doing countless light coats of the red trying to avoid drippage withing the checkering, followed by about 3 good coats of matte clear coat. it looks good for now, but we'll really know what's up[ after a few week as this is currently my EDC

Long story short.... it was a slow day at work

I somehow managed to get a few light smudges on there wile the varnish was still tacky due to impatience, but i think it fits with the rest of the pistol anyway so i'm not stressing about it

2011-11-07_14-54-25_39.jpg

2011-11-07_20-15-54_194.jpg

2011-11-07_20-15-46_93.jpg

Cornbread504

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Uptown NOLA
    thx.. overall I'm happy with the way it came out, I'm just hoping it holds up... I've used this paint on several things and it always holds up nicely for me

Cornbread504

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Uptown NOLA
    I get distracted so easily.... i almost forgot. The whole point of this project was making the mag release easier to get to and I gotta say it improved the overall usability of the pistol as a whole. I plan on doing the same thing to the other cz82 that i picked up yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom