Da Saints!!!!!!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cubsfan

Holy Cow!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Gretna, LA
    No run defense and the tackling was "**** poor" to quote my high school football coach. They had chances. Just didn't do it. Glad we got Sproles though. And Ingram will be a beast I think.

gonepecan

Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Somewhere
    Really liked what I saw in Sproles and Ingram. The D just didn't show up, nor did it look like they cared. Tackling and pass coverage sucked.

Brees is still a beast though. That guy plays with his heart 150% in the game.

mineralman55

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Northshore
    I didn't buy into the Saints last year, I don't this year. What the hell are we paying Williams big $$$ for a defense like that? The D is worse than last year, and I don't care that they were the 5th rated D in the league. They couldn't stop a junior high school double wing offense.

They're a 9-7 team.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    There was no shame in that game! Very hard to win away under those conditions.

If you watched and you know anything about football, you saw the two best teams in the NFL.

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    So many people hating already. The Packers can score with anyone. The Saints never gave up and kept fighting till the last second....heck...even one play after the last second. Our D really needs to figure it out. We got gashed. But.....The Pack was supposed to have the "GOOD" Defense going in and ours was suspect. We still hung a lot of points on them also. Its just one game. We will be fine if our D can get it figured out.

PAPACHUCK

Certified Gun Nut
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Sep 21, 2006
    Outside Slidell
    The Saints have excellent skill position players, but average at best lines on both sides of the ball. Until the lines can open holes, or plug holes, they won't be truly able to compete with the elite teams in the NFL.

It reminds me of kids who put thousands of dollars into chrome, rims, etc. when the engine and trans are on their last leg.

The game is won or lost in the trenches. Mark my words, we'll do well against 'da bears, but we'll have our arse handed to us when we play the Texans. Their O and D lines manhandled ours in the preseason matchup of 1st teams.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The Saints have excellent skill position players, but average at best lines on both sides of the ball. Until the lines can open holes, or plug holes, they won't be truly able to compete with the elite teams in the NFL.

It reminds me of kids who put thousands of dollars into chrome, rims, etc. when the engine and trans are on their last leg.

The game is won or lost in the trenches. Mark my words, we'll do well against 'da bears, but we'll have our arse handed to us when we play the Texans. Their O and D lines manhandled ours in the preseason matchup of 1st teams.

What team are you watching?:eek4:

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I see a lot of SAINTS "D" bashing, BUT hey you have got to give it to the PACK Offense they are BADAZZ!
    WAIT!!! Before you get sour........YOU also have to give it to the Saints offense as well! I am NOT so sure that the Saints "D" really sucked that bad NOR did the PACK's.....I think you saw two POWERHOUSE offenses on the field! As someone said it was the FISRT game of a long season, the story still has a lot of unfolding yet to come!

Now as for myself I am NOT a Saints FAN, never have been never will be! I have a UNCLE and 2 sons which are BIG TIME Saints FANS! I have to give it to them they have ALWAYS been Saints fans not the kind like MANY of YOU that have ONLY become Saints fans since the GOOD TIMES!!

TO SUM it up.......before you make a season long prediction, give them each a couple games and see how it plays out!
    Very good chance that YOU watched the prelude to the National Championship game played last night. We will see!

BUT until then.......the PACK handed it to them! Rodgers is one BADAZZ QB!
    And just for the record even though it was a packers HOME GAME, the SAINTS did get some very good calls their way from some apparently BLIND officials! Last drive alone was two!!

And that's MY .02 worth!

Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    I dont know what yall are whining about. The offense was great considering the D they were goin against. The D wasnt great, but it wasnt like they were goin against slouches either. Plus GB at home is a tough order.

Relax, folks, the O is doin great plus Ingram and Sproles are lookin like great moves. Im still a lil hesitant on the D, but dont overreact to one game. I bet the people calling em "aints" are going to be the first ones to jump back on the bandwagon.

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana
    There was no shame in that game! Very hard to win away under those conditions.
    If you watched and you know anything about football, you saw the two best teams in the NFL.

What a game. If you're going to bash Saints defense you would have to bash Green Bay's too. Like Emperor said above "Best two teams in the NFL" played last night. Would love to see them play each other again.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That was the toughest game on the Saints 2011 Schedule. No Will Smith, no Lance Moore.

Drew Brees
    #9 | QB | Saints
    32/49, 419 YDS, 3 TD

Aaron Rodgers
    #12 | QB | Packers
    27/35, 312 YDS, 3 TD

These two may not play each other again, but both WILL be in the playoffs.

Tate

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    I can't believe some of you naysayers! The Saints are going to do well this year. And to say they have a poor offensive line? They've got one of the best middle 3 combinations in the NFL. True, our defense struggled, but I think you'll see much improved performances from them as the season progresses.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Breeezzz threw at least 6 balls that should have been intercepted. I think by game 7 the fans will be calling for him to blow out of town. I hope I am wrong but he threw 22 picks last year and tried to give 6 away last night. Roll Tide!

Top Bottom