DAK Uniform (Afrika Korps)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    ok so basically I was thinkin...since I already have the helmet,why not get the entire flippin uniform? (inherited helmet from grandfather)

Photo0322.jpg

theyre selling uniform repros for reasonable prices on ebay,chinese made.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WW2-German-afri...ets-repro_W0QQitemZ160302183434QQcmdZViewItem

or I guess i could try those guys at the gun show,those balmung outfitter dudes with all the nazi stuff (but that crap is expensive)

So....GOOD IDEA? BAD IDEA? know where I can get cheaper?

Last edited:

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    ummm...why would you want an entire Nazi uniform? I can see having the helmet as an heirloom (which is cool as ****, I'm a huge WWII enthusiast), but why buy an outfit to match? If he would have given you a uniform, then cool. But if not, well... I just don't see it. That's my .02

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    just for the hell of it really... I could make a display case type thing for my ww2 stuff maybe

That's cool. Just be warned some people won't think you're sane..lol. I've always wanted a full military room. Cammo walls. WWII ammo boxes. Cammo netting on the ceiling. and then all my family's military history on a custom bookshelf. Put a plasma in there and a few large recliners and then watch Sands of Iwo Jima and Tora Tora Tora all day...lol

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    I will also edit this to say that the Nazis did have the best uniforms of WWII. My dress blues are nice, but those ****ers were awesome.

Waffen SS dress uniforms were pretty sharp. I went to a re-enactment where there were a bunch of Texans dressed up as 2nd SS Panzer troops (these guys even have a Hetzer), and even though I knew they were Americans and we were in City Park, the sight of their battle uniforms elicited an uneasy, deep seated fear response much like being at the zoo and having a lion roar close by. The visual effect of the uniforms was intimidating. I am sure it was down right frightening when they were real and you were "prey". Whoever designed them knew what they were doing.

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    Waffen SS dress uniforms were pretty sharp. I went to a re-enactment where there were a bunch of Texans dressed up as 2nd SS Panzer troops (these guys even have a Hetzer), and even though I knew they were Americans and we were in City Park, the sight of their battle uniforms elicited an uneasy, deep seated fear response much like being at the zoo and having a lion roar close by. The visual effect of the uniforms was intimidating. I am sure it was down right frightening when they were real and you were "prey". Whoever designed them knew what they were doing.

Those uniforms were bad ass. I remember reading that they had special ceremony boots that had metal studs in the bottom for parades. When they would goose step the metal would impact the ground and spark. Could you imagine 10,000 Waffen SS troops goosestepping down a blvd with sparks flying from their feet.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdgofuMq0rk[/ame]

dzelenka

D.R. 1827; HM; P100x3
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Covington
    He also got to test the strength of a noose after he was found guilty of crimes against humanity during the Nuremburg war crimes trial.

I think the rope held.

Actually, he, his wife and all of their children committed suicide right before the war ended. (Technically, he murdered his children.)

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    Is it me or did you not know the Nazis were a bunch of evil facks. They were reponsible for WW2 single handedly and won first place for the most evil peolple in the history of the world,(beating Pol Pot, Stalin, Nero.) Or did u not know this?

They also killed mentally retarded people, people they deemed unfit to live and Jews. 10 million total through gas chambers, firing squad, etc. I say they got what they derserved post '44 at the hands of the Russians and Allies. Screw them. I'm not talking about the noble, and beautiful German people that was deceived by them, I'm talking about the Nazi party and it's leaders.
    big flippin deal dude,we won right,so whats it matter anyway?

you must not be very big in to history......

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    Those uniforms were bad ass. I remember reading that they had special ceremony boots that had metal studs in the bottom for parades. When they would goose step the metal would impact the ground and spark. Could you imagine 10,000 Waffen SS troops goosestepping down a blvd with sparks flying from their feet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdgofuMq0rk
    you mean hobnails and heel plates.

the brogans I wear in civil war reenactments have them and it sounds prety cool when you march in formation with them

its was a common practice of putting them in military boots since the 1800's

Last edited:
    Top Bottom