Damnit UPS

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CPL_Primeaux

AK-holic
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Lafayette ,Slidell,Abbeville
    So I have a package coming from UPS. Says its suppose to be delivered today by the end of day on the tracking web site. I just went to my door and UPS dropped off a package but not mine. They dropped off a package for my sister. My tracking info says its "in transit on time".

Why did they drop off one package and not the other ? Has this happened to any of you before? I have been waiting for my sunglasses for 2 and a half weeks now. Im getting pissed.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Sam, I routinely have two different routes deliver to my house, if the number of packages is enough, they help each other.. my guy without help is still in my area well past 830 some days..

CaptainMorgan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    baton rouge
    i ordered 4 rims a few years ago. They came bundled together 2 to a bundle. One bundle got delivered early in the morning, the other late in the afternoon. One was safe from prying eyes under my carport around back, the other was sitting on the edge of the front porch for all the world to see. Then to top it off, one looked like it got hit with a hammer. UPS does some weird weird ****

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    I did. The woman who I spoke with was very friendly. She said sometimes **** gets shipped on two trucks. Whcich is probably why I got one package and not the other. I had no idea they did that.

Then why ask random people when you already know the answer. They deal with millions and millions of items per year. Once in while packages will get damaged, be delayed, and will simply go missing.

If it's in transit, it can't be here and certainly can't be out for delivery?

Sigforty

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2007
    UPS has a system of hubs and stuff is continually going through them. Trailers get unloaded, sorted and reloaded multiple times depending on ship from and to locations. It would be unusual for multiple UPS drivers to visit the same location. Each driver is typically assigned to a certain location and they operate on a loop concept. On occassion if stuff is mis-sorted it will be rerouted or given to another driver to attempt delivery on the day promised.

CPL_Primeaux

AK-holic
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Lafayette ,Slidell,Abbeville
    Then why ask random people when you already know the answer. They deal with millions and millions of items per year. Once in while packages will get damaged, be delayed, and will simply go missing.

If it's in transit, it can't be here and certainly can't be out for delivery?

Dude I asked here before I called. Why would I call them, get my answer, then ask you guys? Thats stupid. It should have been obvious I asked here first....:squint:

Last edited:

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    Destination

BUNKIE, LA 71322

Carrier

UPS - UPS SUREPOST (UPS logo here)

Event Date

Event Time

Event Description

6/12/2012

09:40 AM

Package delivered by local post office.

LA 71322

This is what I come up wih when I track a current package that has "apparently been delivered" but I havent seen hide nor hair of said package.
    UPS USPS WTF!

krj1949

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 24, 2012
    Abbeville, LA
    Sorry Sam.....I ordered that external a few days ago and since we aren't home often had it shipped to your place. nevermind I think you're here.

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    i love ups i have ordered 4 shocks from summit racing before and they got shiped from 3 diferent wharehouses and showed up on 3 days in a row.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    3 weeks ago, at work, we had stuff lined up to arrive early on in the week.
    UPS made 6 different deliveries on one particular day.
    2 of which were overnight, the rest, regular ground.
    Some of the ground packages were delivered be fore the overnight stuff.
    Overnight usually gets there before 10 am...
    Very ineffecient way of delivery...
    No wonder the cost of shipping is so high!

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    So I have a package coming from UPS. Says its suppose to be delivered today by the end of day on the tracking web site. I just went to my door and UPS dropped off a package but not mine. They dropped off a package for my sister. My tracking info says its "in transit on time".

Why did they drop off one package and not the other ? Has this happened to any of you before? I have been waiting for my sunglasses for 2 and a half weeks now. Im getting pissed.

yes, they dropped my gas-tubes and MIAD grip from Talon Arms off in an entirely different neighborhood once.
    On another occasion they left my Form 4 paperwork in the rain at Big Boy Armament.
    On another occasion the driver falsified delivery information on 100 rounds of Q3131 (said delivered on porch to customer...not.)

Top Bottom