Dan Inosanto- Short open handed combat lesson

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SR-NOLA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2012
    NOLA
    He could be the next Captain Awesome. I have always appreciated the hand combatives of Silat, Win-Chun, Etc over the big kicks and footwork of some of the other arts. Just seems more applicable to me in an actual confrontation.

Edmond

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Ft. Polk
    Definitely awesome!

One of my instructors was heavily influenced by Guro Inosanto and studied with him a few times. My instructor has also studied under Paul Vunak a few times with Vunak obviously being a student of Inosanto.

A lot of people always said that Inosanto was a student of Bruce Lee but I always looked at them as peers. Inosanto didn't have the same Hollywood personality that Lee did but by any measure, Inosanto is one helluva martial artist no matter who you ask.

maniac cop 5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    NE La.
    Although an accomplished practitioner in his own right when he met Bruce, and close friend and training partner that aided in the development in Jun Fan/ JKD make no mistake about it- Dan has never referred to himself as anything but a student when compared with Bruce. He as well as Larry Hartsell and James DeMile would tell you that they could never even touch Bruce unless he wanted them to. When you hear Guro Dan or any of the others speak about Bruce you can still hear the awe and respect in their voices, even after all these years!

Top Bottom