Dan Wesson 357 blued

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    Helping out a friend buying his Dan Wesson 357 mag blued with a 6 and 2-1/2' barrel, speed loader, 3 sets of grips and case of ammo. What do you guys know about this revolver? It has been sot about 150 rounds.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If someone was going to give me a new revolver I would prefer them in this order.
    1. Korth
    2. Colt
    3. Smith & Wesson
    4. Ruger
    5. Dan Wesson
    6. Others

djdig

F@ck Me Right?
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    Thibodaux, La
    Helping out a friend buying his Dan Wesson 357 mag blued with a 6 and 2-1/2' barrel, speed loader, 3 sets of grips and case of ammo. What do you guys know about this revolver? It has been sot about 150 rounds.

Whats condition? Also it is a good shooting revolver, do you have any pics of it and what is he asking for it?

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    One man's trash is another man's treasure. I would definitely reverse the order of preference that JBP55 noted. It really depends on your shooting style and needs. The Dan Wesson, in my opinion, is far more accurate that most other revolvers, especially in single action mode....and there is the rub. If you prefer to shoot double action, a Dan Wesson is not for you. The original Monson built Dan Wessons are the most preferred.

mike308

HandiChamp
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    Pearl River
    I will get it tomorrow. I'm doing this to help a cash strapped friend. He has always taken care of his firearms and I expect this one to be in excellant condition. It is probably over 20 years old and mainly kept in a box. I purchased his Glock 17 and M1A in previous deals to help him out. In both instances the firearms were in as new condition.

My main question is that of the overall experience with this firearm. I have read that they have very good quality and have been in the past very excellant shooters especially in competition. Does anyone here have that experience?

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    My main question is that of the overall experience with this firearm. I have read that they have very good quality and have been in the past very excellant shooters especially in competition. Does anyone here have that experience?

That's sort of what I alluded to in my previous post. But you have to define "competition". If you are referring to the action games then a Dan Wesson would be a poor choice because the double action pull is ill suited for such use. The real strong point of a Dan Wesson revolver is the strength and accuracy. I have used two DW revolvers in Silhouette competition since the 1980s. These fine revolvers dominated that sport for many years until the Freedom Arms revolvers came on the scene. In that sport, you seldom see a S&W because they won't hold up to a steady diet of full house loads. You hardly ever see a Colt. Rugers come and go, some being accurate enough and others not so much. The only gun accurate enough to unseat the DW reign on accuracy was the Freedom Arms. I still use my two Dan Wessons.....a 15-2VH in 357 Mag and a 44V in 44 Mag.

nwmousegunner

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Homer,La.
    I remember back in the 1980's when sillouete shooting was at a high point in popularity, the Dan Wesson and Ruger Blackhawk revolvers were the two most used brands. Reasons given were reliability, accuracy, and ruggedness. I would not hesitate to buy one. Dave

Swampman1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    south La.
    Be warned-no ear protection is NOT an option with this gun. I had one a few years ago-beautiful gun, but it has that very loud "cracking" sound.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    My 715VH likes a steady diet of 180 gr pills at velocities that would make a Smith and Wesson grenade in your hand. Knocks down steel real well.

LouisianaGunny

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2014
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I loved my 15-2 VH. Sold the gun long ago and just recently ran across a pair of wood grips I took off it. Not sure why I didn't sell them with the gun. Maybe I sould look for another gun to put them on!

damienph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Kansas Flint Hills
    I also have a blue 6" 15-2VR, vent rib but not heavy barrel shroud. I have several good shooting Smith&Wesson revolvers, including a m15, 66, and 686. It will outshoot them but not by much.
    They are very accurate revolvers.

Top Bottom