Dan Wesson 357 mag model 15 (sold)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJM

Nicks Shooting Range
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Gramercy
    Used Dan Wesson model 15 8.5'' barrel 357 mag. The gun comes with all that is pictured. The rib has been drilled for a scope mount. $329.00

Nicks Shooting Range
    985-535-8161

Last edited:

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    Was this one made at the Monsoon plant?

What is the significance of the Monson plant? I have a 15-2 .357 that was made there as well. Is it a good thing or bad? I suppose it would be good since I've had the gun over 20 years and run uncounted thousands of rounds through it without a problem.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    What is the significance of the Monson plant? I have a 15-2 .357 that was made there as well. Is it a good thing or bad? I suppose it would be good since I've had the gun over 20 years and run uncounted thousands of rounds through it without a problem.

It's supposed to be a good thing, but I'm pretty new to DWs.

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    It's supposed to be a good thing, but I'm pretty new to DWs.

I bought it in the mid 80's for $259. I was considering a Colt (diamondback maybe) for $349 in stainless or matte nickel ( don't remember exactly but wasn't blued) and the gun counter guy showed the DW. He described it as a target gun right out of the box. He also recommended I dry fire to compare the triggers. There was no comparison. I had never fired a revolver with such a smooth and light trigger pull. That is what sold me plus adjustable sights. A friend had a Colt Python which had a similar trigger pull. I used the money I saved to get started in reloading. I have never regretted the purchase or wished I had picked up the Colt instead. I have never considered looking into the history of Dan Wesson Arms and may do so just for nostalgia. Thanks for the info.

gsneff

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Gonzales
    this is exactly what i wanted, a good hunting revolver at a good price. wish i had the money right now! good luck with the sale!

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)

After Monson they had new ownership and incorporation changes, their quality was completely diferent and it changed the name from Dan Wesson Arms to Dan Wesson Firearms.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom