dan wesson cco holster options

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    hey fellas, just picked up a dan Wesson cco 1911 .45, man this thing is sweet. I originally was gonna go for the colt cco but all the ones I held were very sloppy and loose, and for the same price I feel the dan Wesson smoked it in quality, finish, fit, ect all for cheaper. Well I have a crossbreed super tuck for the 1911 and have used it for a while and love it, I love the one I carry for my glock 23/30s also but, only negative to the 1911 is I would like the whole slide covered with leather or kydex, and I cant help but think the cco deserves something a little better. Im thinking either the milt sparks Criterion , but with a 12 week wait is hard for me or they have a couple copies of them like a Winthrop (http://www.winthropholsters.com/) .. im was kinda thinking alien gear or comptac mtac also. Any experience with a 1911 iwb holster please let me know what you prefer and why, and what you tried and why it didn't work..... like I said the cross breed works great

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      263.3 KB · Views: 81
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      236.7 KB · Views: 76
    Last edited:

RG43

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2016
    Covington, La
    I have no advice on the holster, I just wanted to say congrats on the Dan Wesson, and I'm jealous! One day, I hope to get one myself. I've look at all kinds of reviews on various 1911s and one common thing I've seen over and over is the Dan Wessons seem to compare favorably to any other, including the Wilson's, at a better price than many of the more expensive ones. I don't know if they will stay as affordable, though, so it's a good time to get one I suspect. Happy shooting!

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Order the Milt Sparks now and it'll be here that much sooner! After seeing reports of several instances of negligent discharges from crappy holsters poorly reinforced around the mouth or simply too old to be serviceable I'll take that metal band around the holster mouth every time.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    are they kinda like the "summer comfort" style/size or do you have wider ones like the wider comp tac, cross breed, milt spark for the iwb

ShootJ123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2017
    United States
    Interested with Dan Wesson as well, just glad you liked it a lot. May take me a couple of month though. Looking forward with stuffs you will do to it.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    asset1.jpgasset.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

well thanks for all the help fellas, RM holsters seem like a great product, just not quite what im looking for this gun, i will get one from him for my next glock purchase though, he even offered for me to just try it and see if i like it or would use it, cant beat that, so if you thinking kydex i wouldn't hesitate to try im out...

i ended up going with the milt sparks criterion... man this thing fits great and rides perfect... i also ended up picking up another dan Wesson, the guardian in 9mm.. i must say its very nice just very diff shooting a 9mm out of a 1911, almost feels like a .22 pistol. but they do both fit the holster great, and will take a little while getting used to the 9mm in 1911

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Sweet guns and holsters! And I LOVE 9mm in a 1911, it is like a .22 isn't it? One of these days I will get a 1911 styled .22...

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    i never knew a 1911 in 9mm would be so smooth.. i was practicing in my back yard with the guardian 9mm and cco .45 with some holster draw double and triple taps then re holster and repeat... don't get me wrong i actually love the 45 acp recoil, it for some reason is very controllable for me and just feels right, with practice double and triple taps with a 45acp is very fast and effective, but that 9mm is a whole new world as in muzzle flip and recoil, after the drill i have to stop and be like, wow, did that just happen like that,lol

Top Bottom