Dash Cam or Windshield Cam

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    It's like when I lived in California. You were supposed to have a front and rear license plate on your car. I rode in my '73 challenger without one for 10 years. I got one ticket and that was only because the cops were looking for something to get me on and circled my car three times and that was all they came up with at the time. Yes it is illegal to run without one but they did not go out of their way to enforce it. If they enforced every thing that was on the books then they wouldn't probably get more than 100 feet without pulling someone over. The letter of the law and what is enforced are usually two different things from a fix it ticket standpoint. Probably not enough to worry about unless they are gunning for you already or need probable cause for a stop.

dk.easterly

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Clinton, LA
    I'll put in a ticket at work tomorrow and ask the legalities of it.

Since almost all the units running them are CDL, I would imagine they would follow regs pretty closely.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I didn't want to edit my above post to ask this since you and John are sooooo sensitive... Why are you so upset with me, "Big guy"????

Who is John? Upset with you? No... You're just on the BS-Derp list.

By the letter of the law, placing anything on your windshield is illegal. Ive never heard of anyone getting pulled over for it though.

+1

Top Bottom