Dave Sevigny

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    This has been a heck of a thread. Just hope the minor is alright. Did or did not Dave Sevingy do it is the question only God and time can answer. The world will continue to turn sans a "Team Glock". Did someone ban that troll, the one that set up a page on Facebook?

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Is their anyone that actually believes an adult can have consensual sex with a minor?

Is there anyone who actually believes that this day in age, a 15 year old is by the strict definition of the term a "minor"?

It's an arbitrary legal terminology that required a specific age. It means nothing in terms of maturity levels, true culpability, or acceptable behaviors.

I'm not condoning what went on by any stretch of the imagination-- but I'm damn sure condemning anyone who can't see that it wasn't a 1-way street, either.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I would think a married man three times her age would have the maturity and self control to know better, we all have the ability to do the right thing some just lack the self control.

Guess what though, I don't feel any different about glocks.

vvinu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Did Sevigny ever suggest or recommend a particular chapperone?

Recommend a particular chapperone? For the minor? Im sure that wasnt in his job description and again, check your definition of "recommend" The parents make the decision. Did the minor have the same chapperone all of her trips?... probably not. The papers stated this started in March 2010. Wonder how many chapperones there have been since then?

vvinu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Is there anyone who actually believes that this day in age, a 15 year old is by the strict definition of the term a "minor"?

It's an arbitrary legal terminology that required a specific age. It means nothing in terms of maturity levels, true culpability, or acceptable behaviors.

I'm not condoning what went on by any stretch of the imagination-- but I'm damn sure condemning anyone who can't see that it wasn't a 1-way street, either.

Psychiatrics! thank you!

vvinu

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Good questions....I have some more,

It's easy to ask "where were the parents" or "let's question the parents" should the parents be questioned when a child is abused by a relative, school teacher, coach, catholic priest, "mentor"? I'm sure parents are questioned by LE when a crime of this nature has been committed, it is probably protocol for LE. But, just as the same type crime has been committed by school teachers, coaches, and clergy we ask ourselves how can this happen? Predatory behavior masked by noble professions does happen. Those that victimize children are chameleons or wolves in sheep's clothing. They blend into society very well, so someone in a position of leadership could fool everyone. Who is to say that a guardian didn't accompany the child and the child was abused just the same. Everyone has to sleep sometime. The child could have easily been threatened by the assailant, I don't know! That's why I ask questions just as you, who knew what and when did they know it? So far as Abbate's ex-wife, another good question but in the case of John Wayne Gacy, well he buried about 30 of his victims under his house in the crawl space and another under the BBQ pit in the back yard, his wife didn't have a clue. Does that mean his wife was guilty of anything or does it mean JWG was just real good at manipulating his family and covering up the fact he was a serial killer? So far as Abbate's wife getting engaged to Matt Duff two months after the divorce I don't care. Here in North Carolina you have to be separated for a year before the divorce is settled I do believe, it may be the same in Georgia. I do analyze both sides of the argument, that's why I asked questions. Dave Sevigny may have been handing out Gideon Bible's at homeless shelters for all I know and God bless him if he was, but if someone showed a chronological time line and evidence to support/corroborate that certain individuals were possibly present or involved during the times of abuse or possibly knew of it they should be questioned about any involvement.

Who lets there child/"minor" become best friends with a 45 year old? Who send their child to stay with a couple going thru a divorce for weeks at a time? Sevigny was not responsible for that minor/team mate... nor was he a babysitter. Everyone has to sleep sometime? Good point. People could have very well been present (on the same property) when the the consensual sex happened. They could have been sleeping, could have been in a different location. Just because one is in the proximity or nearby area of something wrong going on does not mean that they knew about that wrong doing. You could very well be in a friend's home and someone commit murder on the other side of that home, while you were present, does that mean that you knew about it or that you agreed with it? NO!

762NATO

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Lafayette
    Trouble is, no mortal man may know what is on another man's heart; his ulterior motives are not always present. God have mercy on the girl.

aavmec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    http://www.news-daily.com/news/2011/sep/01/abbate-also-charged-molestation-virginia/

I think it says a lot about the morals, values and character of the parents, that, this minor is allowed to continue doing anything. If this was my daughter she would be on lock down. I wouldn't be pimping her out to Glock or any other company. When she turned 18 she could do what she wants. By law termed a minor and such a victim. Not in my house! She did wrong! Seems like the parents saw the option to pimp her out and go for $ after this went public instead of disciplining her. What does that teach her or and other young person out there?

I hope Abbate gets life and gang raped every day for what he has done.

Karma will have to do the rest with to the minor and her family(Burk/Icranston). Right now they are able to take advantage of the situation, but soon no one will touch her. They took a willing part in this and no one will forget that FACT. Myth-busters proved you can polish a turd, that is what Glock is doing here with media hype and $. Notice that Glock is never mentioned in the paper? How much did that cost them?

The trial will start soon and all those involved will be dealt with. Until then cowards like "Burk" and "Icranston" will continue to try and polish a turd by slandering anyone. By "asking questions" ... Burk you never answered mine... Dd you hold the camera?

Burk Gregory

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Georgia
    http://www.news-daily.com/news/2011/sep/01/abbate-also-charged-molestation-virginia/

I think it says a lot about the morals, values and character of the parents, that, this minor is allowed to continue doing anything. If this was my daughter she would be on lock down. I wouldn't be pimping her out to Glock or any other company. When she turned 18 she could do what she wants. By law termed a minor and such a victim. Not in my house! She did wrong! Seems like the parents saw the option to pimp her out and go for $ after this went public instead of disciplining her. What does that teach her or and other young person out there?

I hope Abbate gets life and gang raped every day for what he has done.

Karma will have to do the rest with to the minor and her family(Burk/Icranston). Right now they are able to take advantage of the situation, but soon no one will touch her. They took a willing part in this and no one will forget that FACT. Myth-busters proved you can polish a turd, that is what Glock is doing here with media hype and $. Notice that Glock is never mentioned in the paper? How much did that cost them?

The trial will start soon and all those involved will be dealt with. Until then cowards like "Burk" and "Icranston" will continue to try and polish a turd by slandering anyone. By "asking questions" ... Burk you never answered mine... Dd you hold the camera?

I thought I had answered your questions in post #74 "Burk" were you involved? Are you under investigation? A witness?" Not in any way was I involved to answer your question. I've not even been to the east coast since 2009 when I went to CLNC.) I thought aavmec's were smart but apparently you must have come in on a GT waiver cause boy I'm sure you have a GT somewhere between plant life and warm water. I do not even know any of the people involved personally.

lcranston

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    The only coward on the thread is aavmec. How can any responsible adult even suggest a child brought this on themself or that the parents are to blame? My guess aavmec would blame any rape victim. Adults having sex with a minor is absolutely immoral, recommending a particular chapperone to allow further molestation even worse. The minor and parents are the victims here, they were all taken advantage of and the minor mentally and physically abused by sexual predators. This isn't the first case of sexual predators manipulating people to gain access to children.
    The truth will eventually come out in the trial and we shall see the level of involvement of all persons in this tragedy.

Sincerely,
    Lamont Cranston

aavmec

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    "Lamont" seems to me that you know a lot more than what has been printed in the media. I take it your involved? Maybe you held the camera? Are you trying to put the blame on someone else to take the heat off you?

I'm stating facts! If my daughter did what this minor DID, she wouldn't be allowed to do anything until she was 18. Whats more important the almighty $ or teaching good morals, values and disciplining this child for her part. Where did I say that the child brought this on her self? or the parents are to blame?

The parents are the victim? What a joke! The parents should be CHARGED with neglect!! They failed to protect the child! That is your #1 job as a parent! Not to pimp her out and go for $ after this went public. What a joke you are! You say the minor was mentally and physically abused, is therapy to have her at SHOT.

PM me your info and we'll see who the coward is! I state facts! I'm not here with a BS agenda to slander. You and Burk are cowards and ARE involved in this matter. I have searched and read all the articles out there. Both of you talk about things that have not been published. Either you are both liars or involved!

Slandering trolls, Cowards, liars, baby rapers... your resume is growing. I hope you become cellies with Abbate

The only coward on the thread is aavmec. How can any responsible adult even suggest a child brought this on themself or that the parents are to blame? My guess aavmec would blame any rape victim. Adults having sex with a minor is absolutely immoral, recommending a particular chapperone to allow further molestation even worse. The minor and parents are the victims here, they were all taken advantage of and the minor mentally and physically abused by sexual predators. This isn't the first case of sexual predators manipulating people to gain access to children.
    The truth will eventually come out in the trial and we shall see the level of involvement of all persons in this tragedy.

Sincerely,
    Lamont Cranston

Burk Gregory

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Georgia
    "Lamont" seems to me that you know a lot more than what has been printed in the media. I take it your involved? Maybe you held the camera? Are you trying to put the blame on someone else to take the heat off you?

I'm stating facts! If my daughter did what this minor DID, she wouldn't be allowed to do anything until she was 18. Whats more important the almighty $ or teaching good morals, values and disciplining this child for her part. Where did I say that the child brought this on her self? or the parents are to blame?

The parents are the victim? What a joke! The parents should be CHARGED with neglect!! They failed to protect the child! That is your #1 job as a parent! Not to pimp her out and go for $ after this went public. What a joke you are! You say the minor was mentally and physically abused, is therapy to have her at SHOT.

PM me your info and we'll see who the coward is! I state facts! I'm not here with a BS agenda to slander. You and Burk are cowards and ARE involved in this matter. I have searched and read all the articles out there. Both of you talk about things that have not been published. Either you are both liars or involved!

Slandering trolls, Cowards, liars, baby rapers... your resume is growing. I hope you become cellies with Abbate

aavmec, the facts that have been released by LE personnel shows that two states have filed charges on one individual but there are apparently a couple of other states that have pending investigations. With at least two states with active cases and two others pending who knows where this will lead and who may be involved but I'm willing to bet that since this involves a minor and it crossed state lines......well, I'm sure there is also a federal investigation still to come and if the feds chime in on this, the proverbial $hit storm will rain down on all predators involved, but we will see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    mike933
    Top Bottom