David Vitter response email

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dgraham225

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Denham springs
    Well got my response, it is worded exactly how I hoped it would be.

Dear Mr. Graham,*Thank you for contacting me*to voice your opposition to new gun control laws in response to the recent school shootings in Connecticut and California.* I appreciate hearing your views, and I agree with you.**In the wake of*these tragedies,*many in Washington are calling*for increased restrictions on the right to keep and bear arms, arguing that it will help to reduce gun violence.* For example, Senator Feinstein*(D-CA)*has announced plans to*reintroduce a ban on assault weapons and to limit magazine capacity.*Also,*President Obama has*signed 23 executive actions*and has called on Congress to pass legislation, including background checks for all firearms sales.* However, as many supporters of the Second Amendment have pointed out, increased restrictions do little to affect the actions of criminals, who by definition do not abide by the law.* Instead, they restrict the rights of law-abiding Americans.*I*am a firm believer and ardent supporter of the rights enshrined in the Second Amendment.*This constitutional right, and our heritage of using firearms for sporting and self-defense purposes, does*not have to be sacrificed to reduce gun-related violence.*Instead, we should focus on enforcing the extensive laws already in place and turn our attention to*more appropriate measures,*such as*increasing*the safety of our schools and keeping*guns out of the hands of those who may be mentally incapable of*owning*them*responsibly.*Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts on this important issue. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about other issues important to you and your family.*

Top Bottom