DB380 back on sale at academy

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    isn't this the same one in the other thread that people said had FTE issues? that's the only thing keeping me away. i'd love a tiny pocket pistol with one of those wallet holsters for when i can't carry my pf9. heck i could even bring that one to work with me and nobody would ever know.

Then get a LCP for a proven track record. Also check into the Desantis Superfly. But, for 230 I think it's worth trying to get a good one like Stan did.

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    First, the sales ad states the prices are good Feb. 27th thru March 5th, so you will have to wait. Don't ask me why the ad was in todays paper!!

Secondly, I have between 300 and 350 rounds through my DB380. I had two FTE's in the first 50 rounds, and not a single problem since. That is with a few different brands of ammo. I stopped paying too much attention to reviews. I have had issues with very expensive guns, and zero issues with less expensive guns.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCMZXvCWLks&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    I haven't seen the latest ad, but it was shown as a "price drop" rather than a sale in the original circular. I checked with two stores and both said it was a permanent price change.

My son is bringing his home this weekend; looking forward to a chance to shoot it.

Here's a video on solving problems with DB389s.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFbOozblLQQ&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFbOozblLQQ&feature=related[/ame]

stancel

Swamp Stalker
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Carriere, MS
    Like I said, the price is only good Feb. 27th thru March 5th, so Sunday starts the sale.

I was at Academy last night and spoke with the guy behind the counter while I fondled the Bodyguard .380 they just got in (didn't care for it). He said it is a sale that is only good for 1 week. After that they will be back to $319.99......but the sales ad says "Price Drop", so who knows.

Last edited:

Grim333

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Madisonvile, La.
    Got to shoot my son's DB380 today. Shot fairly accurately. That long double action pull is LONG, you have to pull all the way back before the trigger breaks,and there is zero overtravel. And you have to let the trigger all the way forward to make sure it resets. He had CT laser grips on it, and I could see the dot wobble as I pulled the trigger further back. But my son has had more time to practice, and his shots were going right where he aimed, so you can learn to control it. Tires your hand pretty quickly.

You have to rack the slide aggressively or risk a jam; that happened the first two times I tried to load a mag. The WWB target rounds we were shooting has a flat nose; I think a more rounded bullet wouldn't have any problems. Other users have reported problems with WWB. No problems with any of the hollowpoints we fired. No FTEs on anything.

Carried it in my pocket for a while. No problems concealing it.

Overall seemed like a good gun. I'd buy one. My son has put around 200 rounds thru it, and he's very pleased.

FNGUNNER

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    LAKE CHARLES
    Diamondback

$320 in Lake Charles ad. whats going on with this?

THEY WERE 229 ON SUNDAY WHEN I WENT IN TO CHECK PRICES. FUNNY ALL MY STUFF IS CHEAPER. EXCEPT THE DIAMONDBACK. GUESS ACADEMY BOUGHT HUNDREDS OF THESE THINGS TO BE ABLE TO SELL THEM THAT CHEAP CAUSE IT'S WAY BELOW DEALER COST.:(

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom