Deal Gone Bad, Need BS members opinion

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    The small folding priority boxes they use close into it own slots. To get the box open on the ends, it would require meticulous care as it would be very easy to tear the box (which box was not torn). Very hard for me to say yes or no to that question, but I do feel like it was tampered with at some point, just nothing obvious to point at.

Any time I use those boxes I tape the heck out of them...

Good luck with getting this resolved...hopefully the seller steps-up

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    Seller is responsible for the packaging and making sure that everything is secure to survive the USPS handling.

When I use USPS Priority boxes, I always ask the clerk to tape up the ends or I bring my own tape gun.

Buyer did his part when he paid in full. Seller is 100% responsible for EMPTY BOX, USPS would be 100% responsible for NO BOX being
    delivered at all.

Good luck and hopefully the seller will step up. Just another reason to purchase "insurance" also.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Those priority boxes cost about 6 dollars, there is plenty left out of 10 to buy insurance. Seller is to blame on this one:

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    Seller is 100% responsible for EMPTY BOX, USPS would be 100% responsible for NO BOX being
    delivered at all.

USPS would be responsible for lost, missing, broken or any other problems with contents.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If it gets worked out with USPS let us know how they handled it. But without insurance they probably are not going to care what the weight was. Stinky situation.

You will not get funds from USPS unless the package was insured. When I ship I insure things of value.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Kinda like what i and another member are doing at present, I shipped out some lead on the 11th and he in turn shipped me some bullet's.. I got the bullet's and some damn fine one's at that..He has not recieved the lead to date...
    I'm going to give the USPS a few more day's..If he does not recieve his lead ingot's by then..I WILL send more lead to him...
    That's just how i roll...

jchebert1979

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lafayette, La
    I'm sure that loss prevention has come a long way since the late 90's early 00's but I know a guy personally who took a lot of packages from a major parcel service. I don't know if he took the whole package or just the merchandise in them. It eventually caught up with him and he was caught and charged. Just a dumb kid back then that made a huge mistake. Anyway, in these crazy times I would not ignore theft from within especially if a well known company's name was on the package.

Company Man

Teufel Hunden
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Kentwood
    For purposes of anonymity, what is the sellers name?

Not wanting to give sellers name at this time. Would not be fair to him if he does the right thing, no reason to drag him through the mud at this time and ruin his reputation. He has answered my text and appears to be trying.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Kinda like what i and another member are doing at present, I shipped out some lead on the 11th and he in turn shipped me some bullet's.. I got the bullet's and some damn fine one's at that..He has not recieved the lead to date...
    I'm going to give the USPS a few more day's..If he does not recieve his lead ingot's by then..I WILL send more lead to him...
    That's just how i roll...

I bought lead from someone off of castboolits before I started buying by the ton. They sent it USPS priority, insured. Well the local USPS person marked the package as delivered but it never arrived. USPS wouldn't pay out insurance because they said it was delivered. Two months later I get an email from the seller, he got the lead back. He sent me the package and included the original label, the postmaster had nothing to say about the incident when presented with evidence, didn't care at all.

Golden-Eagle

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Mandeville
    Paypal will reimburse the buyer the cost plus shipping if they go through the resolution process. I have done it recently for an EBay purchase after receiving the wrong item.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Why sure...They really don't care, Good thing i have a tracking number and all, I think it's tied up midway's between him and i, I intend to follow up in the am.

I bought lead from someone off of castboolits before I started buying by the ton. They sent it USPS priority, insured. Well the local USPS person marked the package as delivered but it never arrived. USPS wouldn't pay out insurance because they said it was delivered. Two months later I get an email from the seller, he got the lead back. He sent me the package and included the original label, the postmaster had nothing to say about the incident when presented with evidence, didn't care at all.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Same here. even got empty boxes of lead before and since was delivered it was A ok with USPS even with insurance since it was delivered.
    Just pointing that out for when others get insurance.
    It is just if it is lost 100% or so they say.
    Also if ya get a chance let me known what ya pay for lead by the ton please. When i am better off with $ i would like some real amount of it if i ever get to have $$ again lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom