December 2012 EAPS Monthly Match

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ENVPMBR Shooter

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La
    I would like to try this new web site call Shoot' N Score It. The match for December is listed in the calendar and I have also included the direct link to the page. This on line registration will help us streamline the process and this site will create a file that will be imported to the new scoring program that will be used in December. If you have any questions please email me at info@eapsclub.org

The link to the match is:

http://shootnscoreit.com/ipsc/match/834/

Also please do not forget that you can pre pay via PayPal for the match. $17.00 pre-payment. The club email is info@eapsclub.org.

We will also be voting for new officers in December. We still need a Secretary for the club. Please email any nominations or questions to info@eapsclub.org.

ENVPMBR Shooter

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La
    Stages for December EAPS Match

Here are the stages for the December EAPS match. There will be 5 stages total and the classifier has not been chosen yet. But I can tell you that it will be a good one.

LA toolman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2012
    What would a newbie need to do to
    get involved in this?

Or should I start another thread?

Thanks
    Mike L.

beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    It would help if we knew where your lived. We have members all over and maybe someone near you could help you out. As far as knowing what you have to do, check "uspsa.org", there is a video on the front page that explains a lot of what we do and how we shoot. If in the Greater BR area, we also practice on Wednesday nights at The Range in Baker on Jefferson St. another great place to learn the "ropes". If you look at "lagator.org" there is a match schedule for the area clubs. We are always looking for new members/shooters. If you live in South BR or close by send me a PM and I'll give you or anyone else as much help as I can. I may not be really good but I have been doing this for a long time.

Thanks,

Beauxdog

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Ok, so I'm registered on the new site, and for this coming match.

I'm only vaguely aware of what goes on when I show up to a match and the nice ladies register me. What is happening in the background between paying the cash via Paypal and the registration on that site, so I can make sure that I do my part accurately?

On the site, I sign up with my USPSA # and register for the match (done)
    Then via Paypal I send the match fee to the proper email.

Do you just have helpful people manually reading the name on the paypal payment, and matching it to the registration?

Do I still need to walk up to the podium at the range and tell them I'm there, name, #, etc?

Thanks

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Ok, so I'm registered on the new site, and for this coming match.

I'm only vaguely aware of what goes on when I show up to a match and the nice ladies register me. What is happening in the background between paying the cash via Paypal and the registration on that site, so I can make sure that I do my part accurately?

On the site, I sign up with my USPSA # and register for the match (done)
    Then via Paypal I send the match fee to the proper email.

Do you just have helpful people manually reading the name on the paypal payment, and matching it to the registration?

Do I still need to walk up to the podium at the range and tell them I'm there, name, #, etc?

Thanks

Regardless of how the PayPal is attributed to you (and I'm assuming it's a nice, friendly "Michelle" that handles that), you will have to come to the podium for verification and to pick up your score sheets just the same.

I'm sure Keith will be around to clear up the details for you.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Regardless of how the PayPal is attributed to you (and I'm assuming it's a nice, friendly "Michelle" that handles that), you will have to come to the podium for verification and to pick up your score sheets just the same.

I'm sure Keith will be around to clear up the details for you.
    Oh shoot, yea, I guess I gotta check in all the same so I can get my shooter # to put on the score sheets anyways.

First time doing it the "automated way" just trying to make sure I'm doing it right.

ENVPMBR Shooter

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Baton Rouge, La
    Shooters
    I cannot stress this enough. I would like for ALL SHOOTERS to pre-register on line at http://shootnscoreit.com/ipsc/match/834/ for next weekend’s match. This will save so much time in the morning. I have also added a squad feature to the web site. There will be a max of 14 shooters per squad. We will be using the new electronic scoring program called PractiScore. There will be backup paper score sheets in the stage bucket for the classifier only. By going to this type of scoring and utilizing the pre-register web site, and by pre-paying, you will not have to stand in line at all. Also please do not forget about Paypal too.
    Please let’s try to make this work so we can get started on time.

Also EAPS will be providing lunch this Sunday for all shooters and guest. We will be having a jambalaya cooked on site. This is our Christmas present to you all.

Top Bottom