Decided not to get my CCW

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    It seems a lot of guys carry to save the world

Well that's another root point altogether.

I'll refrain from going there.

I more interested in your defibrillator suggestion, as if you’d be able to use one for yourself during an emergency as opposed to being able to use a firearm for yourself during an emergency which is obviously plausible.

This topic is about a CHP and carrying for protection, not saving other people.

Last edited:

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    When the day comes that your wife starts to express an interest in teh gun - and it will likely come if you are gentle, as Hitman suggested - point your wife to http://www.corneredcat.com/ It's a website by a woman, about guns, but from a woman's perspective. It wouldn't hurt for you to go read some of it yourself at you leisure now.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    When the day comes that your wife starts to express an interest in teh gun - and it will likely come if you are gentle, as Hitman suggested - point your wife to http://www.corneredcat.com/ It's a website by a woman, about guns, but from a woman's perspective. It wouldn't hurt for you to go read some of it yourself at you leisure now.

Shame on me for forgetting such a worthy website. I too have read A LOT on that site myself.

Thanks

Hunh Bruh

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    setting you free!
    Well that's another root point altogether.

I'll refrain from going there.

I more interested in your defibrillator suggestion, as if you’d be able to use one for yourself during an emergency as opposed to being able to use a firearm for yourself during an emergency which is obviously plausible.

This topic is about a CHP and carrying for protection, not saving other people.

Fair enough, I'll start another thread. I won't muck this up

RovingDisco

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Rocket City, Alabama
    The main thing is that I didn't want to push it if it caused a constant battle with my wife. You are so right in that I need to work slow. Women are wired different. I realize it is going to take time to get my CHP. I am new to guns and need to be proficient shooting it before I start carrying. She said it is ultimately up to me and my own decision whether I spend the money on the permit and carry.

Just spend the money on it. Your wife can get over it.

Oh and Celtics suck.

Last edited:

JDSilva87

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Kenner, La

I have read a ton of posts on that site. Don't think she is quite ready. She has shot with me a couple times though and can definitely handle a gun but just doesn't enjoy it.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    Brother I hate to break her heart BUT if you divide $300 into 5 years its only about $0.16 cents a day that you are paying for YOUR SAFETY on the first 5 years, then once you re apply it goes down to $0.13 for the following 5 years .........

Im sure she spends WAY more than that in shoes, purses, clothes, make up, etc etc etc

I pay a minimum of $20 on shampoo/conditioner every two weeks. That's my Walmart I'm out and can't get to the mall emergency shampoo. Things you may not think is expensive..... They can be.

Get the CHP. Tell her it's for date nights. And Walmart tends to be the guess what I got in the mail today, evening cock walk. ;)

Btw: great site, not the same "Cat" here.

Last edited:

bluecrow76

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 29, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I guess the pressure here is coming from my wife who says its just a big waste of money it has caused arguments between is. She can't see the benefits of a CCW

That's what my wife said until she started running at night with a group of friends and had an incident that made her rethink her position.

Get the permit! :thumbsup:

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I would STILL get one regardless, I am only on land about 5 month out the year and every single one of those days I conceal carry

And NO I am not trying to sell you on a service, I simply believe your reasoning behind not getting one is completely wrong.

IF I knew ahead of time I was going to need it I would probably either stay home, OR show up with my AR/AK and my bullet proof vest instead of a pocket pistol

You simply cannot control the world around you, and there is NO such thing as a safe neighborhood in my book. Do you actually believe bad guys only target the hood as an area of operation ???? I mean they already know people in that area are broke as a joke so the real targets are middle class people who like you believe that nothing will happen to them and will most likely comply and NOT put up a fight ........

Been thinking about this. Statistically, aren't you more likely to be assaulted by someone you know than not? Let's assume the individual makes "safe" choices, doesn't go out at night, doesn't drink in bars, stays to well lit areas, in short reduces his chances of interacting with thugs. As you said, he's still not safe.

In the whacky world of crazy people, his wife could end up with a workplace stalker. Or the neighbor might unhinge because his dog died. JDS, My experience took place over a hospital bed by someone I saw on a near daily basis while another family member was lying there ill.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom