Decided to put my money, or gear really, where my mouth is

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I'm pretty sure there will not be an assault weapons ban. As such, I've decided to list all of my ammo and my AR-15 on gun broker. I believe this panic will slow down, that prices will return to normal, and I will come out ahead on the deal. Auctions go live at around 7 our time. If anyone wants to follow them, let me know.

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    I agree I don't see an AWB getting out of the House. I think the Republican Study Committie, the group that helped kill the fiscal cliff plan B, will be a solid firewall against an AWB.

enutees

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 4, 2010
    Prairieville
    I don't know why but I've been enjoying watching gunbroker auctions the last few days. I have a pretty decent stock of mags (not enough for my 22 conversion) and I've been arguing with myself about selling a few dozen pmags. AR lowers going for $400 has been crazy as well. I bought 5 PSA lowers a few months ago for $399. It's hard to make myself not list stuff at those prices.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    I hope you are right.

And on your side there's the facts that no legislation has even been written yet and that Biden is in charge of the committee!

Last edited:

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    Go for it Jack. Hope you make enough to double your goods when things get back to normal. I picked the one I like the least and I'm doing the same. Bunch of mags too. I've tried for days now to find any shame in it and I can't. To tell the truth, if it weren't for worrying about the chance of being penalized on some way, I could have stood outside Basspro this morning before they opened and sold a lot of stuff at a huge profit.

Last edited:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I really think I am doing the right thing here, I also think that if I'm wrong and a ban passes, prices will still be lower than they are now. I'm also think that a pistol in hand is better than a rifle in the closet, I'd much rather turn my long gun and associated stuff into a lot of time working with pistol. I'd rather be proficient with just a pistol then mediocre/poor with both.

Last edited:

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    I'm pretty sure there will not be an assault weapons ban. As such, I've decided to list all of my ammo and my AR-15 on gun broker. I believe this panic will slow down, that prices will return to normal, and I will come out ahead on the deal. Auctions go live at around 7 our time. If anyone wants to follow them, let me know.

If this is your only AR or "Assault Weapon", I think you should reconsider. I too doubt their will be another AWB, however the hysteria could last months and you would have to go without for a while. If your reasons for owning an AR-15 in the first place don't revolve around just being a collector, then IMHO this is a very bad idea.

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    I am in the same boat you are in and have been debating selling everything. However, I Think prices are going to rise even higher in the next month or two and will be holding off. Supply will not catch up in the "new" market so the "used" market will skyrocket soon.

At least I Think so?

I have seen how Long it takes to replenish inventory in the "new" market and have a feeling we are in this mess for the Long haul.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    I am in the same boat you are in and have been debating selling everything. However, I Think prices are going to rise even higher in the next month or two and will be holding off. Supply will not catch up in the "new" market so the "used" market will skyrocket soon.

At least I Think so?

I have seen how Long it takes to replenish inventory in the "new" market and have a feeling we are in this mess for the Long haul.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

You could be right, but I'm taking my risk now, when I know what things are selling for. Next month I have no clue, so I figure why not cash out now. Just like the stock market, prices are enticing enough for me to cash out now, as the future doesn't have enough certainty for me to wait.

If this is your only AR or "Assault Weapon", I think you should reconsider. I too doubt their will be another AWB, however the hysteria could last months and you would have to go without for a while. If your reasons for owning an AR-15 in the first place don't revolve around just being a collector, then IMHO this is a very bad idea.

I'm willing to deal with it. I KNOW I'd much rather get better with a pistol, than let an AR get dusty in my closet. I'm not a collector and practicality is my aim. I feel as though in my situation, training is more practical than gear, especially long guns.

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Agreed, software > hardware. Still, if the zombies rise up before you get a replacement, I get to be the first that said, "I told you so!".

And I'll smile and listen :D

In case you hadn't gathered it from my postings here or specifically this thread, I'm not a doom and gloom, the sky is falling kinda guy. Zombies, liberals, etc. don't worry me too much

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    What is your user name?

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Since getting stuff from distributors and companies is Jason's business I'm going to take his word for it that prices will continue to go up. I don't know why anyone needs a scary black people slaying military issue machine gun anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Since getting stuff from distributors and companies is Jason's business I'm going to take his word for it that prices will continue to go up. I don't know why anyone needs a scary black people slaying military issue machine gun anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's racist.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I've been thinking the same thing-just trying to decide how to sell. I've got lots of mags to sell, plenty of ammo I could part with, and several 'extra' ARs, but I won't sell everything for the following reason:

I doubt they have the votes to pass legislation, but I am in fear of executive action that will effectively accomplish the same thing. We may win in the courts eventually, but if the Justice department starts making rules, there will be an effective ban for quite some time.

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La

Thinking about what you said, you might can get more if you part things out.

Check out this DPMS complete upper:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323424459

Top Bottom