Deer season 2014-2015: looking for a club

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    I've never hunted in my life; it's kind slowly growing on me... Curious though, how hard is it to find a club around Baton Rouge? Would anyone take a noob in?

king4456

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Prairieville
    How far are you willing to drive? Anything under 1.5 hours is gonna be tough. Add to that no hunting experience and and a club is going to be hard to find. My recommendation is to research and learn as much as you can about the type of hunting you want to do so when you do find a club you don't sound ignorant when discussing your membership. Like all things the information is available to learn if you put forth the effort. Good luck

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Studying quite intensely on subject already... I don't mind driving. Having talked to co-workers who hunt, I kind of know what to expect, I hope. Thank you responding.

DoubleJ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    New Iberia,LA
    You have a good bit of public land within decent distance from you. I'd look into that.
    Public gives you a lot more options and if you do your HW you can stay away from the masses.
    First season I went 100% public and by scale best season I've ever had...

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    been looking for a club for a couple years myself. found one but it was 5hr drive- too far.

public land and a bit of knowledge is surprisingly good hunting...

molonlabe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2013
    Baton Rouge, La
    Update: paid the dues and joined the club. Took the hunter safety ed course. Just learned the club is shutting down. The property has been sold. What a bummer.

I may try duck hunting first, if anyone would be so kind to invite... Thank you.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Update: paid the dues and joined the club. Took the hunter safety ed course. Just learned the club is shutting down. The property has been sold. What a bummer.

I may try duck hunting first, if anyone would be so kind to invite... Thank you.

total bummer.... I'm in the same boat as you. I've never hunted, but I'm interested. I have some family members with farms in TX and MS. So hopefully I'll get to visit them and help them with their hog problems.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

total bummer.... I'm in the same boat as you. I've never hunted, but I'm interested. I have some family members with farms in TX and MS. So hopefully I'll get to visit them and help them with their hog problems.

Go to Wildlife and Fisheries website. Or call them. Louisiana needs more hunters, and they know it! They can help.

Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    Nothing wrong with hunting public land until you find a lease. It's tough, the deer are smart, but there's a lot to learn by doing it "the hard way" first. If nothing else you'll really appreciate a lease when you do end up getting on one.

Top Bottom