Deer Stand View Pictures Thread - This Could Be Fun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilkinsonrww

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Scott,La
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354200899996.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1354200899996.jpg
      91.4 KB · Views: 107

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Black Bear family

Thought y'all might want to see this. My nephew hunted Red River WMA last weekend for the doe days....A family of Black Bears walked by pretty close to his ladder stand- with one of the young-uns being more than a little bit curious about his ladder! :dogkeke:

I told him I almost wish he'd have let it stay a few more seconds to see if it would've tried to climb a couple of rungs- but then again, he probably wouldn't have wanted "Momma" to come running up the ladder after her cub, either....:eek3:

Anyway- here it is.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    That's awesome! I would have loved to see that in person.

Did your nephew drag that metal ladder stand into the woods on RR WMA? They don't allow fixed stands there now, do they? That seems like a lot of work. I hope he killed.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    That's awesome! I would have loved to see that in person.

Did your nephew drag that metal ladder stand into the woods on RR WMA? They don't allow fixed stands there now, do they? That seems like a lot of work. I hope he killed.

Yeah, he drug it in....You can leave them in the woods during deer season- as long as they're in a "non-hunting position" (not set up on the tree).

Those are those ultra-light ladder stands; they aren't heavy at all & easy to drag- and cheap (like $49 at Academy). He didn't kill- but he was so thrilled about seeing the bears up close & personal he didn't even care...that kid was on cloud nine. He could not WAIT to get back to the camp & tell us, be accused of pulling our legs- and then submit the "video evidence" to us...:rofl:

Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sweet #1 there wilkinson. What caliber is it? I've got #1 22-250 and some 60 Partitions to work up a load with. Was thinking about taking it out a few times later this season.

Last edited:

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    I I do most of my Deer Hunting on my cousin’s place down in the bottom of one of the hay fields overlooking a creek bead. I put up a trail cam just to see what was coming down to the feeder and when. These are from inside looking out of my ground blind. These are a couple of pictures from my trailcam. If I am able to get a shot on this Doe I’ll take it just to put her down. Someone wasn’t a good shot.

001.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

009.jpg

010-1.jpg

011A.jpg

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Here are some more views from this weekend afield. Interesting twists and turns.
    Front view
    WeekendHunt002.jpg

Left view (I am a right handed shooter). Of course, this is with doe already down.

WeekendHunt001.jpg

Then, if you look closely; you can see the visitor on these next two.

WeekendHunt004.jpg

WeekendHunt003.jpg

It is a bobcat. Now, as a rule; I don't shoot these guys bcause they are cool and I are not a douche! But this story takes a turn for the worse. He appeared about 15 minutes after I neck stoned this big doe. It showed up right under me on the trail, then went back in the palmettos a fes steps later only to emerge again by my deer. After sniffing around a bit, it latched on to the neck of my deer and tried to pull it into the palmettos. Relaizing it was too big to drag, the cat started to eat out the deer's a-hole. I was not going to sweat that, but had made up my mind, that if he tried to eviscerate the deer from the belly, I was not going to stand for that. After about 5 minutes of ass fest, he made the mistake of trying to take a viscious bite out of the deers belly. I shoot these deer in the neck so I don't have to deal with broken gut bags.
    WeekendHunt009.jpg

If you look closely, yo can see where the cat took the bite out of the deer belly.
    WeekendHunt008.jpg

Then 30 minutes later; The Emperor pounds another.
    WeekendHunt006.jpg

And then Sunday morning;
    WeekendHunt012.jpg

And then after that, the sugar in me; saw this cool looking moth, and took this: (Yes out of focus). <Can I use the word "Homo" instead????
    WeekendHunt015.jpg

All in all, a very interesting weekend. Oh, and my kid saw a huge 10point chasing two does..........ALREADY! :eek4:

Last edited:

highstandard40

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Prairieville
    Here's the view from my favorite climbing stand location. It's a natural funnel area between a large field and a creek on our lease in Natchitoches Parish. These shots are from about 25 ft up the tree I climb. The largest deer I ever shot was at this location, just not this year.

Here's the view looking into the woods with the field at my back.
    Front.jpg

Here's what it looks like to the right. That lane is about 150 yards long.
    Right.jpg

And here's the view looking left, lane is about 80 yards.
    Left.jpg

Last Saturday, a cull deer came up behind me in the field. The shot was about 150 yards, 308 Win, 165 gr Sierra over H380 powder. He weighed 145 lbs.
    5Point-2.jpg

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have several more stand pics to post (because I am always mobile), but the banality of the "Palmetto Sea" may be too boring. The does have gone underground, again! They always do this time of year, right before mass rapings begin. Don't know about you other deer hunters, but I am expecting some cool action shots soon. Stay tuned! :boink:

Top Bottom