Defective night sight....what to do?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WestBank_Dan

My Ninja dog!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Marrero, LA
    Well I purchased my G23 about 3 weeks ago at the Kenner gunshow, it came installed with the Trijicon night sights. The other night, I noticed my front night sight isn't working. As in it's not glowing like the rear sight is.

Pic to show as an example
    0322092147.jpg

I looked at my receipt and it shows the name of the company I purchased the gun from, some company called Standling Sales located in Slidell. I haven't called them yet, but will Monday morning. I'm just not sure if they're gonna take care of it or should I just call up Glock and have them handle it?

I'm just worried about the turn around time if I were to happen to send them off the slide in order for them to replace the front sight, because my G23 is my everyday carry and currently my only gun at the moment.

JustinR

Zombie Hunter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Lafayette
    Call Trijicon. It's not really a Glock issue, as they're using another company's part, and will probably just put you in contact with Trijicon. Did you buy it used?

Here's kind of an obvious question...have you tried cleaning it to make sure that there isn't a chunk of something or a glob of grease obstructing the lamp?

WestBank_Dan

My Ninja dog!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Marrero, LA
    Call Trijicon. It's not really a Glock issue, as they're using another company's part, and will probably just put you in contact with Trijicon. Did you buy it used?

Here's kind of an obvious question...have you tried cleaning it to make sure that there isn't a chunk of something or a glob of grease obstructing the lamp?

it's brand new, manufactured in feb 09. yea i tried cleaning it and there's nothing there. i'll probably try to contact trijicon and see what they can do.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Your sight should be replaced free of charge without sending the gun off. Contact the dealer first and verify defective sight then Glock and Trijicon if necessary. The dealer may change the sight and Trijicon should send him a new one at no cost.

WestBank_Dan

My Ninja dog!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Marrero, LA
    Seriously, you purchased a defective product and need our help to tell you what to do, seriously?

Dave

I'm sorry, I believe this is a gun forum right?????

I'd figure maybe someone had the same issue and maybe had some input about it, before i made some calls and get the run around.

besides you, thanks everyone for your input.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    No I was just pulling his chain. I'm sorry he couldn't see the humor in it. But I'm not upset. And I hope that he gets GLOCK to send him out new sights directly.

Dave

WestBank_Dan

My Ninja dog!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Marrero, LA
    No I was just pulling his chain. I'm sorry he couldn't see the humor in it. But I'm not upset. And I hope that he gets GLOCK to send him out new sights directly.

Dave

LOL i got the humor, no harm no foul.

I think your whole gun is now defective. You should sell it to me for $200 before the value goes down further

LOL i'm pretty sure the gun itself still works, i'm still gonna hang onto it.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    You should have gotten an answer on the sight issue by now. Let us know the results.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom