Dehydrating Foods

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cajunlady

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Chauvin
    Well I can't give feedback on everything centered around the main topic of the forum concerning weapons, but I can try like hell to add my two cents and help in other ways. ;)

Since joining I've been dong searches with few hits on dehydrating food or condiments. Are there others here with suggestions on these items they've dried either with dehydrators or drying in the sun?

I did post a thread on drying shrimp in the sun. My latest was parsley and green onions with great success. My failures were celery and mushrooms.

I ended up drying the mushrooms using my dehydrator. Today I'm drying garlic in the dehydrator.

Have to say I make some awesome jerky using the dehydrator but would like to try meat and fish drying in the sun like the early pioneers did just in case things go south and we lack modern conveniences to do so.

Secret Squirrel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    BAFB
    I've dried meat hanging of the back of my pack while in desert survival training. i have also dried meat by burring in the sand and smoking in a TP. I've dried small fish in the Jungle too. It is amazing how good things taste when you are starving!

Top Bottom