DELETE

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Actually, what I wanted to know is the difference between a "Commando" and a regular Sig 556. I have read threads that it is just "a few green parts". I have 3 of these guns and each are a little different. I like Sigs and if this one has something specifically and notably unique I would be interested in buying it. I looked on Sig"s website and other sites and can find no specific differences. I have contemplated taking one of mine apart and having it coated/painted.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    Decisions decisions decisions...... Someone buy my toolbox so I can feel comfortable buying this and don't have to decide on just one or two new guns lol

jmanrogers

SGT JMAN
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Alexandria
    Actually, what I wanted to know is the difference between a "Commando" and a regular Sig 556. I have read threads that it is just "a few green parts". I have 3 of these guns and each are a little different. I like Sigs and if this one has something specifically and notably unique I would be interested in buying it. I looked on Sig"s website and other sites and can find no specific differences. I have contemplated taking one of mine apart and having it coated/painted.

As far as I know, the only difference is going to be that this is OD Green. A Sport's Exclusive and very hard to find the original ones. You can tell the difference because of the folding stocks. I have read that there were only 500 made and I have read that there were only a 1000 made. I don't know which one, but it is less than 1000. Very smooth rifle to shoot with the gas piston system.

This rifle is not painted, the plastic is actually OD Green. Won't scratch or flake off.

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wrobi2016
    Top Bottom