Denam Springs Bass Proshop

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    My brother lives close and bought a gun there and wants me to go shoot at the indoor range there Monday as he has free time 10 hours or so.
    Anyone know about the place?

Rm105629

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Houston
    Only 4 lanes, so hopefully it's not busy when you get there. Also, if you don't have a CHL, they'll make you check in any firearms and put a trigger lock on them. Facility is kept in pretty good shape though it can get hot in there during the summer.

Otherwise, it's a pretty good range. And the price ($75 per year) is what makes it.

blackboltss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    Slidell
    Also, if you don't have a CHL, they'll make you check in any firearms and put a trigger lock on them.

You can open carry and they wont touch it.

I have been a few times... It gets hot in there during the summer, No A/C in the range for some reason. It was pretty cool the few times I went.

Glad I moved to slidell, only a few mins from honey island :) 7 bucks to shoot all day in a pretty nice outdoor range with a place to shoot skeet.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    The OP seems to be asking specifically about their range, not their merchandise.
    Yes the range. Plans were 1911 ACE bit in 45acp trim, Ruger Black Hawk Super "in Bisley" with both 45acp and 45 Colt cylinders, S&W 29 classic 8 3/8" and the Sig 522
    But ya'll say no rifles... rules are rules so i called and asked but they were closed. The girk said the range goy was out till 9am and call back.
    To me the 44 mag or 357 etc would do more to the back stop than a 22lr rifle would. I wanted to get the scope close even if just 50' since it is off right now. It does fold up into a pistol lol
    http://s234.photobucket.com/albums/ee87/fast340six/Sig 522/?albumview=slideshow

Frogman

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Denham Springs, LA
    Range at Bass Pro Denham Springs

Great pistol range. Very well run. I shoot there almost exclusively and have been a member since they opened. Mornings are better. It gets crowded after lunch sometimes.

PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    Reason it is hot in summer, the range was built out of two box trailers welded togerter and the ventilation is all "down the tube" if you will. The air is moved away from the shooter and down the iron throat at the receiving end of the lanes. This removes powder and lead vapors from the shooter, but doesn't make for perfectly comfy temps.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Thanks for all the replies my guess is they will just blanket all rifles so even the 22lr is out. Easier for them to say none than pick and choose.
    I will just bring My MKII or some other 22lr i have. But will call and ask in the morn.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Well the range was clean nice and good for 4 lanes.
    Range guy was nice, was not hot and had plenty air passing threw

Injun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Nick's Shooting Ranger In Garyville...

I have never seen a range that is less than $75 a year or $10 a visit.

Nick's Shooting Range prices are as follows: (They back your statement up.)

SHOOTER = No money up front (no membership) $18/visit

MARKSMAN = $65 down and $5/visit *

EXPERT = $175 down come and $0/visit *

* Spouse add-on = $25

( I have the Marksman membership there )

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I shoot there a lot. Have family membership. Usually its very open but on weekends it's pretty packed. Be prepared to wait at least a half hour on really busy days. Range is clean and well built. RO's aren't very practical but at least they're nice (I constantly get harassed to let them shoot my guns).

Homoudont

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Went there for the first time. Not a bad place to go shooting considering the wife and kids can get some shopping while I am wasting money throwing lead down range. Like most have already pointed out cheap, clean, small.

Top Bottom