Denied Louisiana concealed carry license

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Wow so its ok for high admins to say crap to members,
    but members are to SFU unless spoken too.

This feels like the national anthem at NFL game all over:(

I still have no idea of who slowhyand is,if you knew who
    I was ,you would be showing me respect.But thats ok,
    keep messing with what members you have left and Im
    sure your little forum will come to its demise soon enough.

Oh and I did work with Mr gates for many years,so My ip
    must be the same ,correct?

Maybe your the DA BS Crazy MOFO...

And I'm sure soon as any admin sees this,they will be
    removing this message because ,we wouldn't want to
    let people know,kids hiding behind their puters:(

First of all, feel free to drop the "if you knew who I was" garbage. You don't want us to know who you are. Otherwise, you would have used your real name as your user name or you would have told us who you are. Personally, I don't care who you are or who you worked for. I care what useful information you are or aren't providing. As I mentioned (again) in post #52, you don't seem to possess the knowledge of what actually shows up on a state rap sheet. And that's ok. There's nothing wrong with being ignorant. Everybody is ignorant of something until they've been presented the information. But now you can clearly see multiple entries from a rap sheet. Please take your time and see if you can decide, by only looking at the rap sheet entries, which of the three applicants, if any, should be issued a permit.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    First of all, feel free to drop the "if you knew who I was" garbage. You don't want us to know who you are. Otherwise, you would have used your real name as your user name or you would have told us who you are. Personally, I don't care who you are or who you worked for. I care what useful information you are or aren't providing. As I mentioned (again) in post #52, you don't seem to possess the knowledge of what actually shows up on a state rap sheet. And that's ok. There's nothing wrong with being ignorant. Everybody is ignorant of something until they've been presented the information. But now you can clearly see multiple entries from a rap sheet. Please take your time and see if you can decide, by only looking at the rap sheet entries, which of the three applicants, if any, should be issued a permit.

*crickets*

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I just called Troop B. They do not provide copys of RAP sheets. "We do not do that here". When I inquired if I could get one in BR he replied I'd have to call and check.
    :confused:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    *crickets*

Exactly. I can respect someone who, when presented with information that contradicts their opinion, takes that information into consideration and adjusts their opinion as needed. I cannot respect someone, even if I know who they are, when they refuse to even acknowledge facts that may call their opinion into question.

...if you knew who I was ,you would be showing me respect.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I just called Troop B. They do not provide copys of RAP sheets. "We do not do that here". When I inquired if I could get one in BR he replied I'd have to call and check.

I know they can. They run background checks at their headquarters and apparently online.

Try here:
    https://ibc.dps.louisiana.gov/

Or you could try criminal records:
    http://www.lsp.org/contact.html

It looks like there are some forms you can fill out before hand if you just want to make the drive.
    http://www.lsp.org/technical.html#criminal

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    I know they can. They run background checks at their headquarters and apparently online.

Try here:
    https://ibc.dps.louisiana.gov/

Or you could try criminal records:
    http://www.lsp.org/contact.html

It looks like there are some forms you can fill out before hand if you just want to make the drive.
    http://www.lsp.org/technical.html#criminal
    I confirm that they can run a criminal background check at LSP HQ in BR. I can also confirm that they are not always complete. I have seen one show an inaccurate disposition for a charge.

Rap sheets are run at the exact same desk where you can have digital prints taken and attached to the CHP application. However a LSP Background check will not be sufficient for the criminal history section of the application. The applicant is required to go to the court clerk where the preceedings took place and retrieve the minutes or a copy of the dispositions from every arrest that occurred. If either of these are unavailable do to the charges being dropped a letter from the clerk stating the charges were dropped will suffice.

LSP only runs a state wide background check. If you were arrested in any other state you would have to retrieve the same paperwork from there. Im not 100% sure, but I think parishes operate the same way. A criminal background check from one parish will not show arrests from another.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    Yes you can get one from hq, and it does not take too long if you get there early. An LSP background check is mandatory for an expungement under the new expungement law. I want to say it is either 15 or 35 bucks, and about 1-2 hours wait.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yeah rules, but only convictions should have to be listed.
    If someone is not guilty, then they're not guilty.

Agree!

However, you must always remember; it is a privilege that the state of Louisiana allows you to conceal your firearm. As with ANY privilege granted by government; you jump through their hoops! :puke:

Constitutional Rights are now becoming like rotary phones; you really don't need them anymore.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    LSP only runs a state wide background check. If you were arrested in any other state you would have to retrieve the same paperwork from there. Im not 100% sure, but I think parishes operate the same way. A criminal background check from one parish will not show arrests from another.

Yes...the state rap sheet will only show your arrests for state charges. Any city or municipal charges won't show up. Some parishes work with neighboring parishes and "share" access to the local information. For example, NOPD could check the municipal records for Jefferson, St Bernard, and a couple more. But NOPD can't see an arrest in Baton Rouge where the guy got a city charge. LSP can run a III (Interstate Identification Index). That's like a national rap sheet. But I do not know if LSP can sell them like they can a state background check.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Agree!

However, you must always remember; it is a privilege that the state of Louisiana allows you to conceal your firearm. As with ANY privilege granted by government; you jump through their hoops! :puke:

Constitutional Rights are now becoming like rotary phones; you really don't need them anymore.

Due to the potentially incomplete information contained on the rap sheets (please see post #52), the court documents are needed to show that an entry on the rap sheet did not result in a conviction. Surprisingly, the police do not have some special network where all of the clerk of court records are linked together. If only the convictions were required, every entry without a disposition not listed on the application would have to be researched. If the resulting delay in permits being issued is acceptable, maybe that's something that could be explored.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Due to the potentially incomplete information contained on the rap sheets (please see post #52), the court documents are needed to show that an entry on the rap sheet did not result in a conviction. Surprisingly, the police do not have some special network where all of the clerk of court records are linked together. If only the convictions were required, every entry without a disposition not listed on the application would have to be researched. If the resulting delay in permits being issued is acceptable, maybe that's something that could be explored.

The flaw with that logic with respect to the Rights stance (my angle), and I believe Hermit's, is if you are supposed to tell the truth on your application regardless (lest ye be declined anyway if not), and you damn sure know or won't forget if you were ever CONVICTED of a crime; then you should only have to list ANY CONVICTIONS.

As Hermit rightly states; if you are charged with a crime and not found guilty in our legal system, then you are not guilty of said crime. At least that is the way it used to be! The disposition is there! Not guilty! No crime committed! End of story!

Now, some may argue that a scumbag murderer like OJ Simpson then would not have to disclose his past but........ No buts! He got away with murder! Call your Congressman! Blame the jury! But let's stop with the presumption of guilt for a citizen who meets every other requirement to CC with that ******** feel good add on of disclosing every charge regardless! Any way you slice it, it is over reach! And government loves that! I understand there is not much I can do about it, particularly with so many people willing to capitulate to them. But I don't have to be happy about it when it pertains to me, and I refuse to gloss over it like it is no big deal.

The slippery slope on everything concerning Constitutional Rights and government is their blurring the line with legislation that incorporates "privilege" in laws governing Rights. But don't take my word for it. You can see it everyday if you watch news. All Amendments are on the table for wash down according to the phony democrats and corrupt politicians!

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Yes...the state rap sheet will only show your arrests for state charges. Any city or municipal charges won't show up. Some parishes work with neighboring parishes and "share" access to the local information. For example, NOPD could check the municipal records for Jefferson, St Bernard, and a couple more. But NOPD can't see an arrest in Baton Rouge where the guy got a city charge. LSP can run a III (Interstate Identification Index). That's like a national rap sheet. But I do not know if LSP can sell them like they can a state background check.

When did this change? In the past LSP has seen arrests from other than state charges that occurred many, many years before..
    Subjects corrected application and received CHP.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The flaw with that logic with respect to the Rights stance (my angle), and I believe Hermit's, is if you are supposed to tell the truth on your application regardless (lest ye be declined anyway if not), and you damn sure know or won't forget if you were ever CONVICTED of a crime; then you should only have to list ANY CONVICTIONS.

As Hermit rightly states; if you are charged with a crime and not found guilty in our legal system, then you are not guilty of said crime. At least that is the way it used to be! The disposition is there! Not guilty! No crime committed! End of story!

Now, some may argue that a scumbag murderer like OJ Simpson then would not have to disclose his past but........ No buts! He got away with murder! Call your Congressman! Blame the jury! But let's stop with the presumption of guilt for a citizen who meets every other requirement to CC with that ******** feel good add on of disclosing every charge regardless! Any way you slice it, it is over reach! And government loves that! I understand there is not much I can do about it, particularly with so many people willing to capitulate to them. But I don't have to be happy about it when it pertains to me, and I refuse to gloss over it like it is no big deal.

The slippery slope on everything concerning Constitutional Rights and government is their blurring the line with legislation that incorporates "privilege" in laws governing Rights. But don't take my word for it. You can see it everyday if you watch news. All Amendments are on the table for wash down according to the phony democrats and corrupt politicians!

You're talking about how you believe things should be. I'm not stating my opinion. I'm talking about how things currently are. If you are charged with a crime, an entry is created on your rap sheet. That entry stays there regardless of the disposition, be it not guilty, taking a plea, dropped charges, guilty, no contest, whatever outcome I missed. If you leave off an arrest with no conviction and the rap sheet does not have the disposition, you are either saying LSP has to research the entry, adding more time to the permit process, or you are saying LSP should just trust you. If it's the latter, let's just do away with the permit and pass a law that says you can carry concealed with no permit as long as you meet a certain set of requirements and really go by the honor system.

Don't make the mistake of equating my explanation of the law with my personal opinion of the law. And I'm not bitter about OJ. That's in the past. He got away with murder. There's nothing I can do about it.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You're talking about how you believe things should be. I'm not stating my opinion. I'm talking about how things currently are. If you are charged with a crime, an entry is created on your rap sheet. That entry stays there regardless of the disposition, be it not guilty, taking a plea, dropped charges, guilty, no contest, whatever outcome I missed. If you leave off an arrest with no conviction and the rap sheet does not have the disposition, you are either saying LSP has to research the entry, adding more time to the permit process, or you are saying LSP should just trust you. If it's the latter, let's just do away with the permit and pass a law that says you can carry concealed with no permit as long as you meet a certain set of requirements and really go by the honor system.

Don't make the mistake of equating my explanation of the law with my personal opinion of the law. And I'm not bitter about OJ. That's in the past. He got away with murder. There's nothing I can do about it.

They are trusting you now?!? It's an affidavit! You lie, you're out of there! My only issue is the presumption of guilt to disqualify seems more important in the process than what the Constitution and the US Justice system mandates.

I am running out of fingers and toes counting all the people who's lives and careers are ruined each year by accusations without adjudication. It's part and parcel the same thing!

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge

What kind of background check does LSP run for a CHP application? I have assumed it was a national check because that is what supported the enhanced permit. Anyone know for sure?

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

It doesn’t matter if the disposition says not guilty OR guilty on the rap sheet you still have to submit certified true copies. LSP wants certified true copies of the disposition for “EVERY” arrest you have.

In the case of LSP and approving CHPs the disposition attached to the rap sheet doesn’t help anything.

nolaboy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2015
    New Orleans Lousiana
    What kind of background check does LSP run for a CHP application? I have assumed it was a national check because that is what supported the enhanced permit. Anyone know for sure?
    They do run Nics, and I think they run some type of state wide check also. In my case they have a copy of my expungement order on file (I called and confirmed), but I still had to list it, give details and submit a digital copy bearing the state seal. I know it is a bit redundant but it is the way things are. Surely had I left something out it would have been a denial.

Last edited:

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It doesn’t matter if the disposition says not guilty OR guilty on the rap sheet you still have to submit certified true copies. LSP wants certified true copies of the disposition for *EVERY* arrest you have.

In the case of LSP and approving CHPs the disposition attached to the rap sheet doesn’t help anything.

It IS a bit subjective, though. I was arrested for a noise violation 30 years ago. (resort beach town; they were trying to keep the parties quiet). I tried to get cert copies of the not guilty and was sent an old greenbar print out that looks ridiculous and wasn't stamped or anything. The clerk actually laughed at me when I called and asked for it. I did put it on my CHP application though and called to talk to the CHP section to see what I needed to do. I think the CHP lady laughed a little, too, and told me not to worry about it. No issues on mine going through. If it's something more serious, they probably would not be so jocular about it, tho...

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    They do run Nics, and I think they run some type of state wide check also. In my case they have a copy of my expungement order on file (I called and confirmed), but I still had to list it, give details and submit a digital copy bearing the state seal. I know it is a bit redundant but it is the way things are. Surely had I left something out it would have been a denial.

Have they always run NICS or did that start with the enhanced permit?

Top Bottom