DENIED

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FMcDaniel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2016
    Erwinville, La.
    http://www.lsp.org/pdf/ch15LegislativeReport.pdf

Page 38 has a list of all of the reasons for people being denied.

The most likely reasons are incomplete applications. Did you make sure to upload a copy of your driver's license and certification of training?

I appreciate the link, gives me something to go by once I receive the letter. Next step will be to get what ever is wrong corrected once I find out what.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    This is not true, unless you self report like an IDiot

I, _________________________, having been duly sworn, depose and say that I have read the foregoing
    application, and the contents thereof, and do hereby certify that my responses and information contained within
    this application are true and correct and they are an accurate account of the requested information. In addition, I
    have also read, understand, and agree to comply with the statutes contained in R.S. 40:1379.3 and 1382, and the
    corresponding administrative regulations contained in LAC 55:I:1301 et seq. I have executed this statement
    voluntarily with the knowledge that any failure to provide truthful information is cause for denial of my
    application or revocation of a permit, and that the making of any false statement or response in this application is a
    violation of R.S. 14:133, Filing False Public Records, a criminal offense punishable by imprisonment for not more
    than five (5) years with or without hard labor or a fine not to exceed five thousand dollars, or both.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    This is not true, unless you self report like an IDiot

I, _________________________, having been duly sworn, depose and say that I have read the foregoing
    application, and the contents thereof, and do hereby certify that my responses and information contained within
    this application are true and correct and they are an accurate account of the requested information. In addition, I
    have also read, understand, and agree to comply with the statutes contained in R.S. 40:1379.3 and 1382, and the
    corresponding administrative regulations contained in LAC 55:I:1301 et seq. I have executed this statement
    voluntarily with the knowledge that any failure to provide truthful information is cause for denial of my
    application or revocation of a permit, and that the making of any false statement or response in this application is a
    violation of R.S. 14:133, Filing False Public Records, a criminal offense punishable by imprisonment for not more
    than five (5) years with or without hard labor or a fine not to exceed five thousand dollars, or both.

Lolz! Yeah, I agree, lying on something like this probably isn't the best idea.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    It goes back to the principle that in my opinion no one should or have the right of guns removed.. for any reason... I also know that AD are prescribed for more reasons that just depression.. Many are ON label as well as off label for blood pressure as well as anxiety.. which by definition can be included as a social disorder and has nothing to do with a risk..

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Sounds like you're G2G McDaniel, I'm betting on a simple mistake somewhere in the application process. Keep us updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    It goes back to the principle that in my opinion no one should or have the right of guns removed.. for any reason... I also know that AD are prescribed for more reasons that just depression.. Many are ON label as well as off label for blood pressure as well as anxiety.. which by definition can be included as a social disorder and has nothing to do with a risk..

...and also prescribed for weight loss and smoking cessation. Neither are a good idea IMHO but some people don't know any better.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Wondering if I will have to pay again once I found out what's wrong??

Unfortunately, that is most likely what will occur, given the fine print on the application.

Also, while looking at the application, have you resided in Louisiana for more than the past 15 years? If you haven't, it is an additional $50. If you didn't pay them enough money, they would probably deny you.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Unfortunately, that is most likely what will occur, given the fine print on the application.

Also, while looking at the application, have you resided in Louisiana for more than the past 15 years? If you haven't, it is an additional $50. If you didn't pay them enough money, they would probably deny you.

The money grubbers here in Louisiana would probably deny a person for that over everything else! ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom