Derek Chauvin Guilty on All 3 Counts.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    From the start of the incident, well before he was laying on the ground, Floyd was complaining he couldn’t breath. How were the police to know when Floyd was no longer crying wolf and was really having trouble breathing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well looks like they lost that gamble didn’t they? They lost big time! Ignoring the medical needs of suspects is a great way to become a defendant or lose your job.
    They ignored their first aid training and then ignored a trained EMT/Firefighter who offered to help them. It is not a good idea to interfere with a medical professional who tries to help. If you are a narcissistic cop with a god complex, then you are headed for serious trouble. If you wish to deny that, then you are pretending that yesterday never happened.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So like, he told them he couldn’t breathe and they chose not to believe him? I don’t know, I’m still curious as to the need for a knee on the neck after he was cuffed and face down. I’ve seen what I believe to be all the video at this point and it all looks the same to me. Looks like the guy was putting as much of his weight as he could on the knee in question and just waiting. Just biding time. Like nothing was really happening at the time. Like he was taking a pause. No loading Floyd into a cruiser to take him in or anything. Nobody seemed to be fighting or struggling. Just waiting on him to, idk, stop breathing maybe? Maybe he was just holding him there waiting for more cops so they could put him in the car. I wish I could hear his side of the story. I’m sure he had some good reasons, right? Did he take the stand in his own defense? So many unanswered questions.

Last edited:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    He did not tell his side of the story because he did not take the stand. That is typical in a murder case.
    I think his side of the story is that he was having too much fun listening to Floyd’s pleas for mercy and calls to his mother. Sadistic sociopaths enjoy torturing people and hearing them suffer. That would explain his record of brutality complaints which establishes a pattern of behavior. There probably was not an early warning system for that department.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    He did not tell his side of the story because he did not take the stand. That is typical in a murder case.
    I think his side of the story is that he was having too much fun listening to Floyd’s pleas for mercy and calls to his mother. Sadistic sociopaths enjoy torturing people and hearing them suffer. That would explain his record of brutality complaints which establishes a pattern of behavior. There probably was not an early warning system for that department.
    Thanks. I honestly have not made any attempt to follow the case and know only what I’ve been inadvertently exposed to. If the guy was really that bad then it was likely going to happen eventually. I imagine in this day and age a cop without any complaint record would be a rarity, but I’m sure it’s all about how they are dealt with by their superiors. In the medical profession the checks and balances don’t always work either, as a physician can be reported by anyone, but it generally takes a peer review to accomplish anything unless the person is reported to law enforcement for criminal acts. Less than that and they can go on committing malpractice for a time. It all comes down to whether or not people want to stick out their neck and do the right thing or turn their head and let the good doctor move on to become a problem somewhere else.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I think it’s worth saying that there was medical testimony that went through the video second by second and testified that after about 5 minutes he was unconscious and his leg movement was a dying bodies involuntary action. Basically he was in death throes after five minutes yet Chauvin kept his weight on him for another 4 minutes. So I’ve read and supposedly it was pretty damming testimony. Also many people in his department testified condemning his actions.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    From the start of the incident, well before he was laying on the ground, Floyd was complaining he couldn’t breath. How were the police to know when Floyd was no longer crying wolf and was really having trouble breathing?

Well looks like they lost that gamble didn’t they? They lost big time! Ignoring the medical needs of suspects is a great way to become a defendant or lose your job.
    They ignored their first aid training and then ignored a trained EMT/Firefighter who offered to help them. It is not a good idea to interfere with a medical professional who tries to help. If you are a narcissistic cop with a god complex, then you are headed for serious trouble. If you wish to deny that, then you are pretending that yesterday never happened.

My question had nothing to do with gambling. It was a legitimate question.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So like, he told them he couldn’t breathe and they chose not to believe him? I don’t know, I’m still curious as to the need for a knee on the neck after he was cuffed and face down. I’ve seen what I believe to be all the video at this point and it all looks the same to me. Looks like the guy was putting as much of his weight as he could on the knee in question and just waiting. Just biding time. Like nothing was really happening at the time. Like he was taking a pause. No loading Floyd into a cruiser to take him in or anything. Nobody seemed to be fighting or struggling. Just waiting on him to, idk, stop breathing maybe? Maybe he was just holding him there waiting for more cops so they could put him in the car. I wish I could hear his side of the story. I’m sure he had some good reasons, right? Did he take the stand in his own defense? So many unanswered questions.

He stated he couldn't breathe multiple times, even before he asked to be put on the ground. The police tried to put him in the back of a cruiser. Floyd kept resisting and saying he could not breathe as he kicked the officers. He then asked the cops to put him on the ground.

Moondoggie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2019
    New Orleans, La
    Flyboy, George Floyd very likely had sensation of asphyxiation. Im a Respiratory Therapist and I know a bit of pulmonary physiology. You see, breathing is comprised of ventilation and circulation. When officer Chauvin was kneeling on Floyds neck for many minutes the blood flow through the carotid arteries and jugular vein was compromised. There are chemoreceptors located in this area that control heart rate and respiration. Doing this to a person that has cardiac disease to begin with will overwork his diseased heart trying to overcompensate due to lack of oxygen to the brain and chemoreceptors, causing cardiac arrest. It is not true that just because someone can speak, that they are properly breathing.

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    I thought he was just going to get the manslaughter, it's hard to intentionally kill and unintentionally kill someone at the same time....Seems like everything he did was by the books, except for the last minute or two where I think a reasonable person would suspect that Floyd is unconscious and should probably be rolled onto his side, however the defense did address this and had multiple witnesses testify that at times suspects can come out of unconsciousness and continue fighting suddenly.... So the jury had a few things to consider for the manslaughter, but at no point did the prosecution establish intent.... if the cop s wanted to murder him on camera, they would have just shot him! Why ask him if he wants the windows rolled down or try to bargain with him to get in the car? That basically proves to me that it wasn't a premeditated or intentional killing. I think maybe they were negligent at best, but the defense also established the possibility that Chauvin had very little to do with the death, citing the heart problems and the doctor that testified that the airway could not have been constricted from the kneeling on the back the way he did, I mean Chauvin was 145lbs.... Floyd had about 100 lbs on him, when you put it in that perspective its easier to understand why he would feel like he has to kneel on him to keep him down. I mean, Its hard to even say he is guilty of negligently causing the death BEYOND ANY REASONABLE DOUBT, let alone intentionally murdering him.

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Flyboy, George Floyd very likely had sensation of asphyxiation. Im a Respiratory Therapist and I know a bit of pulmonary physiology. You see, breathing is comprised of ventilation and circulation. When officer Chauvin was kneeling on Floyds neck for many minutes the blood flow through the carotid arteries and jugular vein was compromised. There are chemoreceptors located in this area that control heart rate and respiration. Doing this to a person that has cardiac disease to begin with will overwork his diseased heart trying to overcompensate due to lack of oxygen to the brain and chemoreceptors, causing cardiac arrest. It is not true that just because someone can speak, that they are properly breathing.

You must not have watched the trial. After the first prosecution witness they established that to constrict the arteries pressure must be applied to the sides of the neck, at no time was pressure placed on the sides of the neck over the arteries, most of the time the knee was between the shoulder blades, and at times about 2-3" above the center of shoulder blades. The Carotid Arteries and Jugular vein were free of obstruction. The one Prosecution witness that tried to establish the mechanism of death here said that hypoxia caused the fatal arrhythmia, and the hypoxia was caused by the pharynx narrowing from the pressure. None of the expert witnesses alledged that any time Chauvin's knee reduced blood circulation since the knee's placement was mostly high up on the back, and at times on the back of the neck. This was challenged by a defense expert witness that claimed that the pharynx could not be narrowed by the knee on the back of the neck, those were the 2 conflicting claims that the jury had to weigh in on.

Last edited:

M_Lee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2021
    Metairie, LA
    Murder? No, it certainly wasn't murder.
    Fair trial? No, not by any stretch of the imagination especially considering you have both the president and vice-president (by title anyway LMAO)of the United States making comments about the case and wanting a guilty verdict from the beginning.
    Floyd (convicted violent felon and drug addict) had enough dangerous drugs in him to knock out an elephant. That seemed to have been dismissed and buried.
    Yup, overall just a kangaroo court. A show. A facade. Appeasing certain groups, but unfortunately setting a dangerous precedent.

LouisianaJoe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Luling, Louisiana
    My problem with this trial has nothing to do with the guilt or not of the officer, it was that the process could not be fair in the environment where the trial was held. The MSM and the left use any police activity that causes harm to someone resisting arrest as a method to promote racial division. BLM uses anything as an excuse to steal and destroy stuff.

Prior to the end of this trial comments were made by Biden. Maxine Watters incited violence if the "correct" decision was not made by the Jury. The names and addresses of the jurors were published prior to the decision and threats to them were made to hurt them and their families. There was only one decision that would be acceptable no matter what the evidence showed.

This officer was politically "lynched".

Here, an officer killed a person as she was in the process of stabbing another and they want to go after the officer.

DarcMac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Gonzales, LA
    Wonder what kind of sentence the judge will dish out?
    In the last case I remember a drunk/high off duty cop stumbled into the wrong apartment and killed a man eating ice cream. I think they found her guilty of involuntary manslaughter? I’m probably wrong there, but a 6 year prison sentence, speculation was she’d be out in 2. But that was totally the guy’s fault for not locking his door, right? So this cop was on duty, 2nd degree unintentional murder, perp was loaded, packing drugs, what was he doing, robbing a store or something? Can’t remember, anyway, I’m guessing 10 years. Just a round figure off the wall guess. I got no idea how I came by that number. I’m guessing there’s no qualified immunity in that state? What about turning in his badge for reduced time? Could that work here? Or too late?
    Whatever prison he goes to will definitely have to keep him away from the population. He’ll have his own private cell. No way he’d survive general population. I bet there’s a line out the back door of guys who wanna put a knee on this dude. Can y’all imagine if George Zimmerman had gone to prison? How long would he have stayed alive I wonder...
    Yeah, I’m thinking this guy is toast.

Just being a cop is a death sentence in prison. The rest of this is just gravy. If he is not put in a protective custody wing, he will be dead inside 24 hours.

Top Bottom