Desert Eagle 1911g thoughts on the gun.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    Thanks for the info GM
    The stove pipe was from Remington factory reloads that i purchased at the range, if I remember right, first 100rds. Then shot 50 rds of new hardball with no problems. 1 malfunction makes me suspect of the ammo and not the gun. I love the gun so far but only slinging lead down range will tell the tale.

Then stop worrying, shoot the gun and have fun

I don't sweat malfunctions from a reload, reloads have made my glock (factory) choke as well.

I'd trust my life to my 1911 as factory bullets work well in mine.

It is a springfield 1911 mil spec, with a Wilson bullet proof extractor, and it works as advertised.

I would take everything that everyone says the has modified this gun with a grain of salt, as I take everything that anyone says that has modified their glocks with a grain of salt.

1911's work, they have for 102 years. you will have fun shooting the heak out of your gun

but it will be awful heavy to carry, (love my glock 19!!!!)

Mac 1

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2012
    Welsh, LA
    I have a 1911G and run any and everything through it with no problems, different brands of brass and the steel stuff. Both of my mags are Mec Gar that came with the pistol and they function fine. I have to say that I have a cheap Girsan 1911 that will not work with the Mec Gar mag that came with it. Pro mags work fine with it though.

Twin1300

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Denham Springs, LA
    Just broke down and got me a Desert Eagle last week. I looked and looked could not make up my mind which one I wanted until I saw one of these my friend bought. I was convinced from the craftsmanship, fit and feel and of course lots of research that this was the 1911 I HAD to have. When I say HAD, it was a weapon I feel I could not do with out.

Of course the Desert Eagle did not disappoint. It has great upgrades all ready done to the pistol and machining, quality, and tolerances were the best I have seen. Price was fantastic also around $750+ or sub $800 range. Actually the pistol shoots too easy! LOL I takes some getting used to, but only a couple of magazines and it becomes second nature and very accurate. 1 1/2" groups at about 22 feet! That's only because I strayed one, because the rest where cutting the bullet holes in the bulls eye.

Big Jake, I think you are going to love your Desert Eagle. So to stay along with the theme of the thread. I DID NOT shoot hollow points in my 1911 and I didn't have have one feed issue with the hard balls. I am sure your 1911 under fire will shoot them if your weapon is smooth as mine. Let us know when you shoot hollow points and how it does. Keep us posted?'

............twin

Last edited:

TomW

Recreational Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Prairieville, LA
    Different brands of hollow points will yield different results in different guns also. 1911's are no exception to that phenomenon. But I am sure that live fire will yield better results than hand cycling also. Congrats on a great gun purchase! I love shooting 1911's...all of them!

Big Jake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    Thanks guys for the new comments,
    My Desert Eagle magic wand is AWEEEESOMMMME!!!!
    I finally made it out to shoot Friday, put another 50 rds plus of hard ball and no problems feeding. I ran a mag of hollow points with NO feed issues. I know 8 rds is not a bench mark but with price of ammo and only having 1 box hollow points didn't want to waste ammo. For now the gun will stay loaded with hard ball FMJ until availability of hollow points and my greenbacks to buy them. It's nice having the option of HPs for self defense and knowing the limitations of my magic wand. Lol. FYI this gun is factory no alterations, mods, etc, etc...... Though considering a few minor things, mag well, sights maybe, grips.

I just ordered a shoulder holster and 2 extra mags, this thing will sit "at my right hand". SOLD..... and my "The Judge" on my left.

PS Tupperware9mm you missed a great trigger and straight shooter! Though I'm sure you prob shot your share of 911s.

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    As a owner of the "actual" deser eagle pistols I always find it humorous that magnum research feels the need to call everything else they make after the real eagle. If IMI are making this 1911 and they produce the same quality as the DE then it will be a nice gun for sure. I also have a tangfolio made baby eagle (cz75 clone) that is very nice, but likely no different to a witness.

Looks like the MR 1911G is setup like my s&w 1911, good config that I like.

Big Jake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2013
    As a owner of the "actual" deser eagle pistols I always find it humorous that magnum research feels the need to call everything else they make after the real eagle. If IMI are making this 1911 and they produce the same quality as the DE then it will be a nice gun for sure. I also have a tangfolio made baby eagle (cz75 clone) that is very nice, but likely no different to a witness.

Looks like the MR 1911G is setup like my s&w 1911, good config that I like.

Hey I can appreciate your thoughts on the name, and not to be an ass but with all due respect I got a "Real"Desert Eagle. Says so in BIG BIG letters on the slide. Lol ........I don't know what else to call it.
    Mine is just chambered in 45 ala 1911. I was looking for a 1911 not a Desert Eagle, however the name and reputation did factor in my decision. Not to mention the quality of the gun and the price being the overriding factors. Like yourself it's nice having something a little different. Yea yea I know it's not " The Desert Eagle" that everyone thinks of but what's the harm of blending the cool factor of " Desert Eagle" brand and the most enduring gun design in the 1911. I like this gun so much a might buy a real Desert Eagle . JMHO

Top Bottom