Dick Cheney Gets New Heart

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Alot of vicious thoughts popping up in this post. 20 months and there had to be a match. Doesn't sound much like politics or money to me. At what age do we say"just let them die, they're old anyway"? That's setting a precedent in thought. Just like if someone was quite young and had a bad heart and bad kidneys and a bad liver and a transplant opportunity arose for one of their problems, would you want to deny them a chance at life? Evidently, too many of you would. Unless it was your loved one or friend. And then, you would play as much "politics" as you could to keep them around for as long as possible. And rightfully so, I would too.'We shouldn't condemn anyone for wanting to live. When I was 63 I had a quadruple bypass and my grand daughters are so happy that I am still here. And me.

Last edited:

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Alot of vicious thoughts popping up inn this post. 20 months and there had to be a match. Doesn't sound much like politics or money to me. At what age do we say"just let them die, they're old anyway"? That's setting a precedent in thought. Just like if someone was quite young and had a bad heart and bad kidneys and a bad liver and a transplant opportunity arose for one of their problems, would you want to deny them a chance at life? Evidently, too many of you would. Unless it was your loved one or friend. And then, you would play as much "politics" as you could to keep them around for as long as possible. And rightfully so, I would too.'We shouldn't condemn anyone for wanting to live. When I was 63 I had a quadruple bypass and my grand daughters are so happy that I am still here. And me.

This is an interesting line of thought. I have elderly relatives and friends (I'm 48.) too. I read in the newspaper this morning (Yes, some of us still do.) that different organizations have different waiting lists, and each waiting list has its own set of rules, so it's entirely possible that Chaney legitimately won the lottery. He could have been on several lists simultaneously. It just to me seems like such a waste to give a perfectly good heart to a guy like him.

Top Bottom