Dick's Sporting Goods...Ammo by the 500rnd Case

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    No just the ones that work at Dick's Sporting Goods in BTR.

This is just my account of going. I was warned by two other forum members about this same thing and I got first hand experience today.

LSU2010

I <3 U.S. Constitution
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    +1 for Dick's Sporting Goods

Well, I cleaned off the shelf. What a great deal! I got some 7.62 for my new AK also. The guy behind the counter, Larry, was super nice and knowledgeable. He gave me case price on half a case- they didn't have a full case. I almost bought a ten gun safe but the ammo hit pretty hard. Oh, and the clerk scanned one box and typed in "x 35." I didn't even need to bring my over 21 roomie along for the ride.
    picture.php

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    Well, I cleaned off the shelf. What a great deal! I got some 7.62 for my new AK also. The guy behind the counter, Larry, was super nice and knowledgeable. He gave me case price on half a case- they didn't have a full case. I almost bought a ten gun safe but the ammo hit pretty hard. Oh, and the clerk scanned one box and typed in "x 35." I didn't even need to bring my over 21 roomie along for the ride.
    picture.php

So all the 9mm is gone? I was about to head out there since I got distracted this morning, but if its all gone I guess I'll just piddle around the house and eat more fried chicken and watermelon to celebrate the holiday.

c10seven

just a guy
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Prairieville
    I had a good experience myself, I didn't catch the guys name behind the counter but when he asked how many boxes I wanted he replied with ten before I could get it out of my mouth. And the cashier did the same, scanned one box and typed in ten, I would be willing to bet you had the same cashier as I went at 11:00.

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Right next to the New CircuitCity and Movie Theater behind the Mall of Louisiana.

They are supposed to get ammo in daily as it gets sold, but at the worst it will be Wednesday or Thursday.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Right next to the New CircuitCity and Movie Theater behind the Mall of Louisiana.

They are supposed to get ammo in daily as it gets sold, but at the worst it will be Wednesday or Thursday.

You mean the new circuit city with the going out of business sign on it?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:mamoru:

Enal

FIDO
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Yea That it! Just a side note...

While liquidation sales sometimes can provide opportunities for deep discounts and other seemingly unheard-of benefits, several tech Web sites and online bloggers are warning potential HD consumers to do their homework before making any major purchases at the Circuit City stores they visited. While it is not uncommon for chains in liquidation to not offer returns of any kind (which reportedly is the case with Circuit City), several observers report some of the chain's "sale prices" in liquidation are no lower than the competition—and may be higher in some cases than Circuit City's own price points before it filed for Chapter 11.

I figured this out with CompUSA. Till the day they closed the prices were not what you think because they were already setup with the liquidation groups.

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I went and talked to the dicks at Dick's today and they get trucks on Mondays he said. He said to try every Monday that they would get it again for hopefully the same price.

:x:

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    I went and talked to the dicks at Dick's today and they get trucks on Mondays he said. He said to try every Monday that they would get it again for hopefully the same price.

:x:

What time do the dicks at Dick's unload the Monday truck? Do the dicks have a supervisor, something like a superdick? :eek3:

Top Bottom